Oklahoma S2000 Owners Oklahoma S2000 Community

Some jerkwad dented my car today

Old 03-15-2006, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Some jerkwad dented my car today

I was at work. I looked out the back window and saw a Range Rover park next to my car. There's a whole empty lot, the front door is on the OTHER SIDE of the building... and he parks right next to me. I think nothing of it and go back to work.

Next thing I know, two of my employees come in from outside to tell me someone hit my car. At first I thought they were messing with me, but I realized they werent.

Apparently when the guy first got out of his car, the wind slammed his door into my car (really windy day). Hard enough to knock the side mirror back and dent it good. He looked at it, and him and his buddy started walking toward the restaurant... then saw my employees, turned around, and left out the other way.

They didn't get a plate number. All we know is it was a green Range Rover with Texas tags, and the guy looked middle eastern (terrorists win)... but they didn't get a close look. If he's local though, there's probably not another ME guy with a green rover w/ texas tags in Norman.

I left work as soon as I could (about 45 mins later) and checked nearby restaurants to see if they ate somewhere else... but didn't find them

The scuffing came off with a wet finger... but there's still green on my mirror and of course the dent.

Hmmm.. don't have an album to share my pics... do I have to donate to get that?

So mad... but... my friend says paintless dent repair should be able to pop it out for ~$50. Anyone have experience with that?

Old 03-15-2006, 04:02 PM

some old bitch dented my car, but i'm sure not as bad as yours. i'lll get it fixed one day from a dent doctor
Old 03-15-2006, 08:08 PM
Administrator
Admin
Community Organizer

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

NO!!! The jinx of the yellow S strikes again! Was the damage only to the mirror (not to the door or fender)? Regardless and unfortunately, it is doubtful that the mirror can be repaired using PDR. IIRC, this process requires being able to push on it from the opposite side of the panel. I'm not sure if they can position whatever it is they use inside the fixture. I sure hope PDR can take that out, but it would be a real surprise to me.

BTW, be careful. Apparently, the jinx strikes in pairs or, in some cases, threes.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:20 PM

[QUOTE=JulieU,Mar 15 2006, 09:08 PM] NO!!! The jinx of the yellow S strikes again!
Old 03-16-2006, 07:56 AM
Administrator
Admin
Community Organizer

OIC. As long as it didn't hurt the paint, PDR should be able to take the dent out of the door. Not sure what to tell you about the paint on mirror... except maybe try some Nu Finish Car Polish <-- that's works real well on cone marks.

Originally Posted by BoboFatt,Mar 15 2006, 05:53 PM
Hmmm.. don't have an album to share my pics... do I have to donate to get that?
Yes, use of the album requires a paid membership. Alternatively, you can image link from other sites such as Photobucket.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by JulieU,Mar 16 2006, 08:56 AM
try some Nu Finish Car Polish <-- that's works real well on cone marks.

Yes, use of the album requires a paid membership. Alternatively, you can image link from other sites such as Photobucket.
Shes right. Photobucket is the best. photobucket.com

For the paint you can try using the Nu finish car polish, but you might have a problem where the paint is actuatly on your car now. Like when my friend scraped a light pole and now the paint is part of the car. But hopefully it wasn't all that bad and a little sumtin sumtin can get it off. Good Luck. Pictures will help determining half way also.

Justin
Old 03-16-2006, 01:23 PM

Well I got it fixed today!

Stopped by a dealership today that had paintless dent repair. Guy wasn't sure how easy it'd be since it was right on the crease.

But in the end, he got it out and it looks like it was never there (to the untrained eye). He had to drill a hole from the side of the door, but it's plugged up and covered by the door gasket

I was pretty impressed. $82

There is still a speck of green paint on the side mirror. Maybe clay bar would get it... I dunno..

Sorry for the poor quality pics... cameraphone.

Before...

and after...

Old 03-16-2006, 01:40 PM
Administrator
Admin
Community Organizer

Wow! Not bad!
Old 03-16-2006, 02:32 PM

nice!
Old 03-16-2006, 04:46 PM