Oklahoma S2000 Owners Oklahoma S2000 Community

Pics from my Talimena Drive a couple of weeks ago!

Old 09-30-2008, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics from my Talimena Drive a couple of weeks ago!

The Talimena Drive is awesome! I hadn't been there since I was like 15 (rode with my cousin in his 5 series), and its even better than I remember.

My dad is building a cabin that is right off of highway 259 (which intersects the Talimena drive almost dead in the center of it), and is about 40 miles south of the Talimena drive. I was down there for the weekend helping him get stuff done on it, so it only made sense that I hit the Talimena drive up when I left for home.

And who says an s2k can't off-road! lol. had to drive down this random gravelish road for a few miles to make an emergency pit stop, haha

Of of the few straightaways that I managed to take a pic of. 99% of the time, I had both hands on the wheel, getting white knuckles (promise I wasn't speeding too much, haha)

All in all it was a blast. When I first hit the drive from hwy 259, I went east for the 30ish miles to Mena, Arkansas, ate lunch, then headed back the way I came and did the entire drive heading west towards OKC. Hell, even the highways that connect to it and are right around it are pretty badass and twisty (especially highway 259 when it gets close to the drive. Definitely need to go out there again soon with a group of you all.

And here's my dad's cabin. He's building this one to rent most of the time, but I can use it as well. As you can tell from the pics, its not quite done yet, but when it is, on the weekends that I get it, all are welcome! It has 2 big bedrooms, 2 full baths, a loft, hot tub, etc, etc. Probably be able to sleep as many as you want comfortably. And its only about 40 miles from the drive, and the driveways are s2000-friendly ;-)

Old 09-30-2008, 12:28 PM
Administrator
Admin
Community Organizer

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Heck yea!
Old 10-01-2008, 07:41 AM

Received 64 Likes on 25 Posts

Hell i wanna live there.