Oklahoma S2000 Owners Oklahoma S2000 Community

OKC S2K Meet

Old 04-16-2007, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JulieU,Apr 16 2007, 09:01 AM
Just added one and getting ready to send out a mass text message!
Beside me, there will be 2+ S2000, 2 NSX. As for the Vettes, Im unsure of how many will show up (maybe 10+), also they're not going stay long.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All:

A real problem has come up here, and I've emailed Julie about it. I was setting up some OKC events, and the "headliner" was a tour of the Boulton private antique car museum. Don Boulton called me at 2:40 PM today, Apr. 16 to tell me he had a conflict on Apr 21 and couldn't show his private museum that day. He can show it the next day (Sunday) or Saturday, April 28. I couldn't say much because this was purely a volunteer thing on Don's part -- no charge or anything.

So my problem is this: I know of no other car-related attraction on OKC of the caliber of Boulton's. In fact, I don't know of any in the world, but that's another story. So, if we stay with the 21st a substitution must be made, and it won't be car-related. The only alternative that comes to mind that might be remotely interesting would be the National Cowboy Hall of Fame and Western Heritage Center. I've been there and it is good to see -- just not car-related. Admission is $8.50 per head -- or $7.00 per head if we bring a broup of 10 or more.

I know I've got egg all over my face, but I simply can't control others who have offered to show us a great antique car collection for free! It's all up to Julie as far as I'm concerned, but I would recommend "slipping" this event to April 28 if possible, as the Boulton museum is IMO worth it.

Thanks,
Richard
Old 04-16-2007, 12:54 PM

many of us wont be able to make it on the 28th.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:58 PM
Administrator
Admin
Community Organizer

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Richard, I just e-mailed you back.

Originally Posted by S2FiONE,Apr 16 2007, 12:59 PM
As for the Vettes, Im unsure of how many will show up (maybe 10+), also they're not going stay long.
Any idea whether or not they'll be joining us for lunch?
Old 04-16-2007, 01:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I saw in the paper today that the National Mustang club is having a huge show in Mustang over the weekend. Maybe that's something you might want to do. Just a suggestion, but it looked like there were going to be lots of Mustangs from all over the country there.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by JulieU,Apr 16 2007, 12:58 PM
Richard, I just e-mailed you back.

Any idea whether or not they'll be joining us for lunch?
I'll call them and double check. Will let you know soon.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:59 PM

Julie:

What a mess this is. Equitrak's suggestion about the Mustang show in Mustang OK is a great one, if you guys still want to do this on the 21st. I called one of the people involved in this show, and it runs until 5:00 PM on Saturday. 400 cars, no admission fee. We'd want to switch restaurants as this is in a whole different part of OKC (my part, for a fact), so I can hook us up on that.

I've emailed you on this. Email me back and let me know if you want to keep the OKC meet on the 21st, and just change our plans in this manner.

Thanks,
Richard
Old 04-16-2007, 03:32 PM

TO ALL PLANNING ON THE OKC MEET:

Well, as you may know, I've been trying to help Julie get a schedule together for OKC, and it got fouled when the antique car museum suddenly became unabailable.

I have emailed Julie and suggested a substitution of the Ford Mustang show in Mustang, OK (part of metro OKC), along with a change in restaurants. I checked out this show, and it sounds VERY good. Changing the date on this thing just isn't working our for anybody, it seems. So I ask all of you who planned to come to OKC this Saturday to let Julie know if you want to go ahead with it, with this change in plan. She will then contact me, and I can get us a new meet-up restaurant.

Thanks,
Richard
Old 04-16-2007, 04:20 PM

Hey lets just can along with it. It still be a good chance for us tulsan people to meet with everybody. If everybody can make it on Saturday lets do that. We can make our own car show lol.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:12 PM

could be trouble on my end... I backed into someone on Friday while being impatient in traffic on a rainy day. Could've used a rear defroster. Cracked bumper & Damaged trunk

I think my car will be in the shop during the time of the meet!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: OKC S2K Meet