Oklahoma S2000 Owners Oklahoma S2000 Community

Fall 2007 AR Boston Mountains Tour (Fall 07BMT)

Old 10-30-2007, 09:29 AM
Administrator
Admin
Community Organizer

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by rizzllzahid,Oct 26 2007, 03:16 PM
any thing else planned in the near future?
Yea, possibly the Talimena Drive on Saturday, November 10th with the North Texas group.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jerome and Julie, I have been trying to post a thank you but cannot seem to get the site to cooperate. Hopefully this attempt will make the thread. The obviously huge effort that the two of you put into organizing and leading this event is much appreciated. I had a great time (Mitchell's dad) as did my young lead-footed son. I can't imagine where he gets his aggressive-driving tendencies (I regret that I know where he gets his lack of patience otherwise) You two really hit a homerun with this Boston Mountains Tour. I hope to put together, or help put together an Ozark Mountains Tour in the future, in the region from above Little Rock to Lake Norfork. No mimic of the "pigtrail" but really interesting roads nonetheless. Help and suggestions will be appreciated. ML
Old 10-30-2007, 04:50 PM
Administrator
Admin
Community Organizer

(blushing) Aww, thank you!

Wow, I just googled Norfolk Lake and looks like there's nothing but fun roads between it and Little Rock! Just set a date (and wouldn't hurt to set a back-up date, too), select a route, do a pre-drive. If you need help with making flyers and hand-outs, let me know. I can email you the documents to use as a template. My email address is urasaki@gmail.com.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:26 PM

I have many 2-wheel-maniac friends that tell me Highway 341 running southwest from the town or Norfork, AR. is one tasty ride. Much of this area is in the Ozark St. Francis National Forest, and Sylamore Wildlife Management Area. I expect to have to do much reconnaisance as my maps do not make the quality of the roads clear.

I personally spend much time at the edge of this area trout fishing, but do not usually go so far into the woods beyond just what it takes to get to the rivers. I have not well-scrutinize the lesser-travelled highways. I will be changing my narrowminded ways, however. I know these are great roads, but I need to look them over, taking traffic and other considerations into mind, not just driving along to the next fishing hole.

But if anyone's interested, this area is particulary fine for a weekend getaway if you're also appreciative of things non-motorized. For me, it's the trout. The last two WORLD RECORD German Brown trout were caught here in the last few years, the latest being over 36 lbs. That's one helluva fish. And, the Blanchard Springs Caverns have a chamber larger than Carlsbad's "Cathedral" room. An Ozark S2K tour would likely pass right by these places. Mountain View, Arkansas in the middle of this wild country has a nationally recognized "Folk Festival" in the spring, with folk music predominating. So bring your guitar, crock-pottery jug and jaw harp. (Just kidding ...you didn't strike me as someone who would thrill to the prospect of admiring crafts, sequined gourds, needlpoint, etc. but others might.)

I will certainlty appreciate advice and help if we decide to do this. You and Jerome went far beyond what I would ever have imagined was necessary until I saw how well your event came off. You should be proud. Very good, indeed.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:50 PM

Well just got back from travelling again with work and wanted to thank Julie and Jerome for an absolutly fantasic drive. The and time you both put into this really worked, everything was perfect. Veronica finally stopped feeling ill on Sunday afternoon and apart from feeling a little embarassed is doing well.
Can't wait for the next drive. We will try to be better prepared with pepto and some travel sickness pills.
Once again great job
Old 10-31-2007, 09:21 PM
Administrator
Admin
Community Organizer

Thanks, Paul! Kewl, I'm glad Veronica is doing well.

Originally Posted by 3vilmonkey!,Oct 31 2007, 11:08 PM
Enjoy!

THE VIDEO!
Awesome video!
Old 11-01-2007, 04:49 AM

i am coming next year!
Old 11-01-2007, 04:52 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL! i pulled that drift like it was nothing. im so lucky.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:24 AM

DAMMIT! VIDEO WAS WICKED!! i wana go SOO bad.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:20 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Miles, WHAT A VIDEO!!! Excellent editing job. I can't thank you enough! I will be watching this video over and over. Seeing those S2000s power-sliding around that hairpin curve IS awesome. Miles does some great driving keeping up with my supercharged S2000 in his non-FI S. I recommend all performance minded S2000 owners watch this video of the 2007 Arkansas Fall Boston Mountain Tour!

GREAT JOB MILES!!

Jerome
NW Arkansas
Black Stealth S2000

Quick Reply: Fall 2007 AR Boston Mountains Tour (Fall 07BMT)