Administrator
Admin
Community Organizer

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts
Default Caffeine & Gasoline Hallett Track Day - November 7, 2012

Date: Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 10:39 AM
Subject: Hallett Track Day NOVEMBER 7th, 2012

Hey C&G crew,

Some of you remember when we rented out the track at Hallett for a day last May. This was a huge success and many of you have been asking for round 2. So here we go.

In order to make this as economical as possible and to get a free day when the track is open, we have to schedule the event during the week. This means using up a sick day or calling in a day of vacation for most. But the day starts at 8am on the track and goes until 5 that evening, it’s a full day of an open track for you to learn about your car and your own driving habits, good or bad.

This time around we will have at least a couple instructors on hand that can ride along with you around the track to give you tips and hints based on their years of skill and hours spent on this very track. It’s a great opportunity to take advantage of, even if you never have aspirations of becoming the next great F1 driver, you will learn skills that can be applied every day and gain confidence about your abilities behind the wheel and your cars limitations. (most often the cars limitations far exceed the drivers ability).

The track is confirmed and deposit has been made for the 7th of NOV (a Wednesday). Mark your calendars and start praying for perfect fall weather now. We will handle this the same way Brian did, $100 deposit to confirm and hold your spot. Once we get the final count we can figure up what the remainder will be, seems like last year with 17ish cars we spent about $141 each for a full day of racing. Not a bad way to burn a few bills.

Basic rules:
*Helmet required at all times in the car
*Long sleeve shirts required
*Jeans or pants required
*Vehicle needs to be in good operating order, no leaks
*no experience needed, there is a skill level group for everyone
*additional rules for passing, off track incidents and flags will be covered at the drivers meeting the day of

- Single day track insurance is available for you to pick up personally if you feel the need. I can get you contacts if you are interested.

Again, they told me the magic number to have in our group was 15 but we know from last time that they seem to like money more than rules so I’m marking 16-20 in red so we know we are in the caution zone.

Things to think about now: New brake pads and fresh fluids, get them ordered now. Long sleeve shirt (probably not an issue in NOV). Helmet, a must have. GO PRO or other camera systems, start getting your mounts if you need them and test fit now. Brian had a good check list so I’ll go back and find that to send out next week. Brakes are the biggie as anyone that has been on this track will confirm.

The 3 levels of drivers worked out pretty good last time. I’d like to get a better idea up front who will be in what group so reply and let me know where to put you. Last time we ended up mixing it up by the end of the day so don’t think you have to be stuck in one group all day long, it’s a pretty open format. So let me know based on your track experience and driver skill:

Beginner
Intermediate
Advanced

If anyone has any other suggestions or comments please send them my way, we need to take the opportunity each time we have one of these to make them better and better so we get the most out of our track day, I think the addition of instructors this time will be a HUGE bonus!!

The tentative list looks like this so far:

1. Curt
2. Ryan
3. Shel
4. Steve
5. Jeremy
6. JR
7. Bret
8. Bobby

Instructors available:

a. Andy – 20 years experience with PCA and BMWCCA race license

b. Ryan – 5 years COMMA License and HST instructor

Reply to this email if you are interested in joining us. The sooner you reply the better chance you have of holding your spot, positions are limited!

Ok, GAME ON!
Curt's e-mail is mrdezyne at yahoo dot com.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:05 AM
Administrator
Admin
Community Organizer

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

They only have two open spots at this point. They could use another beginner and then someone advanced or intermediate. And they have four instructors.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:55 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JulieU
They only have two open spots at this point. They could use another beginner and then someone advanced or intermediate. And they have four instructors.
If someone drops out at the last minute, let me know ... I might be able to buy their spot and swing by after the BMT. I would be beginner level (done only one track day in 2005 with SE-R club at Texas Motor Speedway, never been to Hallett before).