Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Where Is The Best Bodyshop In Ohio? I Keep Chipping!

Old 06-18-2003, 06:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where Is The Best Bodyshop In Ohio? I Keep Chipping!

If any of you guys have suggestions on where to take my car to get the front repainted, and sideskirts done with the 3M protecting plastic stuff let me know, Ohio is killing my car, in fact i just busted a rim on I-77 South yesterday a Volk 18" GT-C!!
Old 06-18-2003, 06:50 AM

Originally posted by ohiodean
If any of you guys have suggestions on where to take my car to get the front repainted, and sideskirts done with the 3M protecting plastic stuff let me know, Ohio is killing my car, in fact i just busted a rim on I-77 South yesterday a Volk 18" GT-C!!
That 3M stuff looks pretty slick. You could probably do that yourself with a bit
of practice.
Old 06-18-2003, 07:43 PM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally posted by Hardtopguy
If I had to recommend a bodyshop, I would use Motorcars Autobody in Cleveland Heights. Call Brian 216-932-0800 and let him know you know me.
I'll let you know my opinions after I get my wife's new Accord bumber installed (hopefully later this week) after he paints it. I can say so far that he was easy to work with and promised me quick service. Ask me again in a few days.

JonasM
Old 06-19-2003, 05:54 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by JonasM

I'll let you know my opinions after I get my wife's new Accord bumber installed (hopefully later this week) after he paints it. I can say so far that he was easy to work with and promised me quick service. Ask me again in a few days.

JonasM
Jonas,

What happened to it? Your Accord is new, no?
Old 06-19-2003, 06:13 AM

I won't go into details for fear of embarrassing my wife, but it involved gravity and a wood pile.

Needs a new bumber cover. Ordered it from Jeff, and his contact Bryan at Motorcars AutoBody is painting it as we speak. I hope to hear today or tomorrow that it's ready to be installed.

We just had the rear bumber cover repaired from a little old man who hit it from behind on an off-ramp about 3 months ago.

The car is awesome, but it's been a bit of a pain for the 6 months we've owned it (through no fault of its own)...

JonasM
Old 06-20-2003, 03:31 PM

About that 3M stuff.
It does look nice and it costs at least on my car close to a grand to do.
If you have a dent or anything ever, the section cannot individually repaired and must be replaced all together. Add that to the cost of repair etc.
I am questioning the sanity of this procedure myself. Any thoughts on that??
Old 06-21-2003, 06:51 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rubbersidedown
[B]
Old 06-27-2003, 06:45 PM

Originally posted by Hardtopguy
If I had to recommend a bodyshop, I would use Motorcars Autobody in Cleveland Heights. Call Brian 216-932-0800 and let him know you know me.
Well, the bumper cover was installed a few days ago, and I'm really happy with the results. The cover looks original - paint match was perfect (it's the Accord Graphite). Looks like they know what they're doing, and do it well.

JonasM
Old 07-09-2003, 08:01 PM

If your looking for the best body shop that has experience working with new and expensive cars than i would suggest Quality Auto Body. They are located on rt 193 in Liberty (Belmont Ave) that is in Trumbull county 5-10 min from Youngstown.If you are interested in getting a hold of them i can look up there number for you. just reply to this message

Jason
Old 07-14-2003, 07:10 PM

I just paid Jay Honda In Bedford a little over 4 grand for front end work. So far I am very pleased.

Quick Reply: Where Is The Best Bodyshop In Ohio? I Keep Chipping!