Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

What's a nice hotel to stay at in the Cleveland area? (fast response would be nice)

Old 08-15-2003, 09:36 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default What's a nice hotel to stay at in the Cleveland area? (fast response would be nice)

My family's going to be driving up to the Cleveland area to drop my sister off at college (Case Western Reserve University). Is there any good 3 star (and up) hotels that are nice and comfy to stay at for a night? Preferably not more than like $160 a night. Please let me know from your experiences - thanks. I know this is a real bad move thinking about getting a room now but this was basically a game time decision for the family to drive over there. Unfortunately, I won't be able to drive over there with the S2000 - I'll be driving the boring minivan all the way and back.

Btw, I heard that the Cleveland area was the worst hit regarding the power outages - do you think things will be back in kilter by mid-day tomorrow (Saturday)? I wouldn't want to be stranded because I couldn't pump gas into the car. Thanks alot.
Old 08-15-2003, 09:57 AM

Never mind - I made a reservation at one of the Embassy Suites.
Old 08-15-2003, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Regarding power and water outages, things seem to be going pretty well right now. Unless something else happens everything should be functional by this evening.

Of course as I say that it sounds like we're getting more torrential rainfall, so you might want to bring a canoe along!
Old 08-15-2003, 10:05 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

If you're going to be going to CWRU, the Beachwood area would be perfect for staying. Plenty of restaurants and many, many hotels. Including the Embassy. Also a few other "suite-type" hotels such as the Marriott Residence Inn. Beachwood is a southeast suburb of Cleveland. About 20 miles out of town. But reasonably close to CWRU. I believe power is back up nearly everywhere and water pressure is back as well. That was the last thing to come back. You should be a-ok. Might want to go to the Jake and check out the Indians too, They are in town. Have a safe trip.
Old 08-15-2003, 10:06 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by waybrig
[B]Regarding power and water outages, things seem to be going pretty well right now.
Old 08-15-2003, 10:16 AM

Originally posted by OhioRacer
If you're going to be going to CWRU, the Beachwood area would be perfect for staying. Plenty of restaurants and many, many hotels. Including the Embassy. Also a few other "suite-type" hotels such as the Marriott Residence Inn. Beachwood is a southeast suburb of Cleveland. About 20 miles out of town. But reasonably close to CWRU. I believe power is back up nearly everywhere and water pressure is back as well. That was the last thing to come back. You should be a-ok. Might want to go to the Jake and check out the Indians too, They are in town. Have a safe trip.
Hey thanks for the tip - I already made a reservation for the Embassy Suites over in Independence. Should I cancel that one and go for the one in Beachwood? The Independence one had some photos and it looked decent but the Beachwood didn't have any photos available so I had to base my decision on that given alone. What do you think? Since I'm going to be travelling with my family, I don't really care for being close to clubs or other social outings of the kind but rather a nicer area with nice restaurants and places to see.
Old 08-15-2003, 10:23 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SiDriver
[B]

Hey thanks for the tip - I already made a reservation for the Embassy Suites over in Independence.
Old 08-15-2003, 10:27 AM

Si,

There are also many restaraunts on Chagrin Blvd. (which is the main road where the hotel roads are off of). Everything from white tablecloth (Giovanni's) to middle-tier. Also, if you head up I-271 north to the next exit (Cedar - Brainard) and head east on Cedar (be careful, the exit ramp is tricky) and take a left on Landerbrook you will come to J.Alexanders and Champps restaurants. Mass quantities of food at each place. Good atmosphere too.
Old 08-15-2003, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in your backyard Carmen. It's stopped raining now, but I'm sure the humidity is back up to 150%.
Old 08-15-2003, 10:36 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by waybrig
[B]I'm in your backyard Carmen.

Quick Reply: What's a nice hotel to stay at in the Cleveland area? (fast response would be nice)