Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

West side of cleveland shops?

Old 05-25-2011, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default West side of cleveland shops?

Hey guys, i just discovered that there are a few s2k's running around here from the Elyria area and was wondering if you guys know of any good shops you guys would recommend to get work done on our s2k's?
Old 05-26-2011, 04:40 AM

Scooterboy aka Dave lives in Elyria and there are several others that are in the western burbs. For warrenty/factory work, the general consensus is Jack Matia, although you will certainly hear goods and bads about them. For custom work/installations, hands down Bullitt Performance in Westlake. Jon wanders thru the boards every now and then, Bullitt44 is his screen name. All goods, no bads for Jon. Try shooting him a pm.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:47 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 148 Likes on 119 Posts

what kind of work are you looking to get done?
Old 05-26-2011, 06:31 AM

thanks guys, yeah i have had hit and miss luck at Jack Matia. I was up there for an alignment and i though i would ask for a quote on a head gasket replacement just for future reference and they said 1500-1800 just to change the head gasket...but right now i have some axle spacers that i need installed but the darn axle bolts wont budge. i don't have air tools but I'm not a wimp. I soaked them in wd-40 and still almost stripped one of the nuts trying to get them off. I know an hour of labor at jack matia is 94 dollars and that's almost as much as i paid for my axle spacers. I'll have to check out Bullitt Performance in Westlake. Thanks guys!
Old 05-26-2011, 11:06 AM

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Correction...I live in Lorain part time and I would not let Jack Matia work on the sweat off my nuts! They ran into my first S then screwed up the paint twice and tried to screw me over on repairs to the SI.

Talk to Jon. He has people!
Old 05-26-2011, 11:42 AM

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

cpeacock

I always used to use Matia, and have bought many cars from them. However after they messed up David's car, I stopped going there. For a Honda shop I have been going to Ganley in N.Olmstead. Per a recommendation from someone in the know, I always ask for Dave (he's been there a long time, but doesn't work every day), and only he touches my car.

I have had a lot of work done by Jon at Bullittproof, and would recommend him for custom work.

As for your question in the "sighted thread", I live just outside of Grafton. You'll probably see my Suzuka if it ever stops raining
Old 05-26-2011, 07:32 PM

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Dave at Ganlel's is good.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:33 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlueBarchetta
cpeacock

I always used to use Matia, and have bought many cars from them. However after they messed up David's car, I stopped going there. For a Honda shop I have been going to Ganley in N.Olmstead. Per a recommendation from someone in the know, I always ask for Dave (he's been there a long time, but doesn't work every day), and only he touches my car.

I have had a lot of work done by Jon at Bullittproof, and would recommend him for custom work.

As for your question in the "sighted thread", I live just outside of Grafton. You'll probably see my Suzuka if it ever stops raining
Id like to see that Suzuka out too!
Old 05-27-2011, 12:08 PM

Lorain, Elyria, Grafton, Amherst - once I pass into Lorain county, it all sort of melts together.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:30 AM

Awesome, sounds like i will have to start asking for Dave at Ganley. I appreciate the input guys

BlueBarchetta, i believe i pointed your car out to my girl friend before i bought my s2000 showing her what one was, i remember it being VERY clean! nice work!

Quick Reply: West side of cleveland shops?