Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Trouble w/Civic SI

Old 01-31-2010, 07:06 AM

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueBarchetta,Jan 30 2010, 09:50 AM
Well, to say bad customer service would be an understatement. I'd have to agree with david1 though. I had this happen once (actually twice with same car) several years ago. It wouldn't turn over, nothing. I knew the battery wasn't dead, cause it was starting and running normally less than a day before the first occurance. By the way, this happened in my garage.

Dealer tried to tell me they disconnected battery, charged it, reconnected and it started right up. Said they couldn't find any problems. When it happened the second time, they found a starter problem. Best description I could get was a "dead spot" on the starter.

And though I have bought many cars from the same dealer as you, this didn't happen to a Honda. Very sorry for your problem.
I tried to tell them that maybe they should look at the starter but they had their mind made up.

I have decided not to pursue it any further. I was warned that they would charge me for towing but that $92.00, the lying and being talked to like I knew nothing about a car has cost them a customer and alot of bad press. If ever asked I will tell everyone how I was treated. It is pretty sad that a dealership treats their customers like that. I was never treated like that when I bought Pontiacs!
Old 02-06-2010, 04:12 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Updates ?

Has the problem happened again ?
Old 02-06-2010, 04:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is a huge frustration and a waste of your time. Customer service is always expected and it should be from the dealer and manufacture. When I bought my wife's 09 element I was a little disappointed that I needed to buy a Honda Care extended warrantee to get roadside assistance/towing. If you bought Honda Care you are owed the tow money. It sure would have been nice to hear about dealer making a customer happy even on an unresolved problem. Honda should really step up the 3/36 bumper to bumper and have roadside standard, these are not $15,000 dollar cars anymore. If they believe they are reliable as the customer thinks it should not be a problem. Until then get AAA.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:43 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 148 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by efthimios,Jan 29 2010, 10:49 PM
after your loyal business, that's just wrong - I bet Marysville Honda would never do something like that
not sure..... verdict still out on that one.. let me see how they handle the front right rotor replacement issue that I have... John caught it when I got my car 3m'd... they want to machine it but I'm arguing that it's a new car, why do I need to have it machined.

scoots.... probably a dumb question but did the remote start have some of kill switch? just wondering if maybe the alarm played an issue? just throwing out that option
Old 02-06-2010, 07:23 AM

Received 263 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Mocky,Feb 6 2010, 11:43 AM
not sure..... verdict still out on that one.. let me see how they handle the front right rotor replacement issue that I have... John caught it when I got my car 3m'd... they want to machine it but I'm arguing that it's a new car, why do I need to have it machined.

scoots.... probably a dumb question but did the remote start have some of kill switch? just wondering if maybe the alarm played an issue? just throwing out that option
Do the front brakes have a chattered look? if so, both of my fronts had that, new, and i had them machine them.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My TSX has had the same problem, actually. It's been nothing but an electrical/navigation nightmare. When my battery "died" though, my car failed to start, I tried to get it to turn over, let it sit for 10 minutes while roadside assistance was dispatched, and the car fired right up thereafter as if nothing happened?
Old 02-06-2010, 12:29 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 148 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by pgarratt,Feb 6 2010, 12:23 PM
Do the front brakes have a chattered look? if so, both of my fronts had that, new, and i had them machine them.

i talked to jeff about it and i suggested that it may have had something to do with the car being outside exposed to various elements (it was on just one rotor.. front right). he suggested having it machined, but i'm not sure i necessarily buy that.. why machine a brand new rotor..i think it should be replaced.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:37 PM

Received 263 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Mocky,Feb 6 2010, 05:29 PM

i talked to jeff about it and i suggested that it may have had something to do with the car being outside exposed to various elements (it was on just one rotor.. front right). he suggested having it machined, but i'm not sure i necessarily buy that.. why machine a brand new rotor..i think it should be replaced.
i thought mine was a lone case, but maybe its a supplier issue?
Old 02-06-2010, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Popeye,Feb 6 2010, 05:12 AM
Updates ?

Has the problem happened again ?
I have not had the same problem but there has been a loud clunk (technical term) twice when I started the car.

I will be joining AAA soon so that I can have it towed if it happen again but I guarantee you that this car, the S or myself will never be in that dealer again. If needed I will dump the SI and by a "K" car first. Those bastard do not exist to me.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mocky,Feb 6 2010, 07:43 AM
...scoots.... probably a dumb question but did the remote start have some of kill switch? just wondering if maybe the alarm played an issue? just throwing out that option
M,

I thought of the same with the remote start but I don't believe that was the problem. Something literally sucked the all of the power out of the car when I tried to start it but it started the next morning. Strange!

BTW, the alarm is on the S. Any thieves reading this please note that the SI sits outside all night!!

Quick Reply: Trouble w/Civic SI