Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

"Tresselball" all we need is an offense

Old 10-10-2005, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh good grief!
Coach Mike Tyson
Old 10-10-2005, 03:22 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Clarett is a tool however I am not suprised if this has gone on the the past and to some degree isn't going on now
Old 10-10-2005, 03:31 PM

And who recruited him and coached him? Jim Tressel. It's funny, these big schools have the best players money can buy and theys still can't win the big one. So much money pouring into OSU. Those kids are taken car of. A typical OSU fan would now say something stupid like " Well, Florida and those other schools do it". Give me a break. They will never win another National Championship. EVER!
Old 10-10-2005, 03:36 PM

May 17, 2005
OSU's NCAA Violations
If you're looking for a list of what OSU athletics supposedly did wrong THIS time, here 'tis:

Football

Booster allegedly provided $500 to a football player for work never performed.

Men's basketball

OSU and former coach Jim O'Brien failed to monitor the conduct of the program.
O'Brien, through former assistant Paul Biancardi, gave about $6,700 to then-recruit Aleksandar Radojevic.
Kathleen Salyers had improper contact with Radojevic and gave him inproper recruiting inducements.
Boosters provided improper financial and academic assistance to a former player.
O'Brien gave Salyers two season tickets for four consecutive men's basketball seasons.
O'Brien and Biancardi acted contrary to ethical principles by failing to report their knowledge of their involvement in NCAA rule violations.
Women's basketball

A Columbus orthodontist gave free and/or discounted services to several players.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:37 PM

Oh man...stop the bleeding!
Old 10-10-2005, 03:40 PM

Old 10-10-2005, 04:06 PM

This is getting painful to read.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:10 PM

Imagine if we had to play USC next weekend?
Old 10-10-2005, 04:47 PM

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove with this laundry list of negative information on OSU. I guess when you have one of the greatest teams in college football led by some of the greatest coaches in college football, backed by the best band in college football, everyone just loves to hear this crap. And yeah, every school has stuff like this going on, always have and always will, but who really cares about some alleged scandal at Muskingum College, Idaho State or Marshall for that matter? I sure as hell don't, and neither does the rest of the general public, so your not going to see it in the media (who has an agenda of their own, but that is beyond the realm of this thread). And you really think that Clarett is credible? That guy is crazy! And if you believe what he says then you're crazy too.

Dang Ray, you have more in your favorites on OSU than I do...

And don't ANYBODY try to argue with me about the band. Our band will kick your band's ass any day, hands down, no questions asked.

So there.

Dave
Old 10-10-2005, 05:48 PM

Your right, they do have a good band.

And I have no favorites, I just did a google search for shady football programs and found those links.
If you knew anything about college football, you'd know Marshall was kicked out of the MAC because of recruiting infractions and our current starting QB is on probation for smacking his girlfriend in the head with a beer bottle. The difference between OSU fans and Marshall fans are that we are happy to have a program on the field ( we lost our program to a plane crash in the late 60s), so we don't want to fire the coach, burn the town, or make excuses when we lose. OSU fans are so hard on these players and coaches it's terrible. Holding calls, bad coaching, too many home games in a row, I heard them all at work today. They lost...twice. Get over it. They can't win a national championship every year. All of these dips at work wanting to hang Tressel for being too conservative when they were praising him and his ways a few years ago. Sad.

Quick Reply: "Tresselball" all we need is an offense