Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

"Tresselball" all we need is an offense

Old 10-08-2005, 07:00 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default "Tresselball" all we need is an offense

Anyone know of a good offensive co-ordinator ?

.......and maybe a new trainer for the receivers or atleast the phone # for the "stickum" rep?
Old 10-09-2005, 07:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well golly gee guys, we run a little left and then a little right then we get super conservative and kick our little field goal and play some defense.
Then, if we're lucky, we can go 3 and out and get some wonderful punts in there.... and play some more super defense. Jim Tressel coaches footbal on a 40 yard field. He plays to the 30 yard line and kicks field goals. He has no marbles to take shots in the endzone. This is why I hate OSU football. It is soooooooooo dull. They have the greatest football town in the world behind them but they have no coach. This whole " 3 yards and a cloud of dust" is the dumbest sheot I have ever heard of. Somebody tell this guy Woody Hayes is dead and they have this thing called a vertical passing attack that 112 other schools use and have used for about.....20 years!
Old 10-09-2005, 10:03 AM

Well, it would help if the QB could actually get the ball to the receivers... We have some of the best receivers in the country but they aren't being utilized. I wonder if Smith can even see over the offensive line sometimes.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:04 AM

It would have been nice if PSU got called for holding, at least every once in a while.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was at Dee Dee's HS reunion and missed last night's game. But it doesn't sound like I missed much. Without even seeing the game, I could picture some of the converative offensive play that you guys describe, 10 to 17, woo hoo!

I like Tressel, but I sure hope OSU starts winning soon and more convincingly.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:17 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Please don't get me wrong Tressel is a great guy and a superb coach but he just doesn't seem to have a "fire" in his belly.

Maybe it is the Tressel we see only for the homogenized world of post game interviews,but I would like to see the guy get pissed once .

It just seems as though Ray has hit the nail on the head;just play good enough to win by a point and pray the other team feels the same way.

........however I would have yanked Smith after the int. and sent QB version 2 in there for the rest of the 2nd half .
Old 10-09-2005, 03:16 PM

I am a believer of playing one QB. This switching of the QB is bad for a players confidence. There always looking over their shoulder. "No calls" are a part of football. PSU was not holding any more than OSU. PSU just had theirs on instant replay. OSU would havenever won their national championship if it was'nt for bad "no calls".I agree OSU has some of the best WRs in the country. Too bad you'll never get to see them excel in this dumbass run, run, run and punt offense.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:19 AM

i'm sooo happy i got rid of my season tiks.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by ROGUE3308,Oct 9 2005, 06:16 PM
"No calls" are a part of football. PSU was not holding any more than OSU. PSU just had theirs on instant replay. OSU would havenever won their national championship if it was'nt for bad "no calls".
OSU would have won the Fiesta Bowl in regulation if it wasn't for a bad no call. Enroute to the Fiesta Bowl there were a lot of close games, but I don't remember OSU winning them on bad no calls.

I never said that OSU didn't hold. I just wish the refs held the teams to the same standard throughout the game.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:58 PM

Was'nt there a phantom pass interference call in that game?

Quick Reply: "Tresselball" all we need is an offense