Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Track Day Liability

Old 08-07-2008, 07:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track Day Liability

I received a phone call this morning and was informed my money for an upcoming track event at Mid-O is being returned. They deemed the S2000 not fit because it will not pass their broomstick test for headroom and the stock rollover protection. Sucks, now I have to rush around and find someone who has left and right rails in stock to lower he seats. I do not want to do the homemade mod and hammer the rear portion of the seat platform. I have not heard back from the event organizers to see if the new seat rails are acceptable. I guess I will find out at tech time. thought i would post this up just in case you are considering a track event in the future.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:08 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 148 Likes on 119 Posts

Which track event was it?
Old 08-07-2008, 07:36 AM

Porsche Club. I just got off the phone again with the organizers. If I can find someone with rails in stock for both passenger and drivers side I will need to install them drive up to Lexington the Sunday before so they can determine if the seats are low enough to pass their standards. The club also informed me that Dave Roush at Mid-O will not let the S2000 attend their drivers school without a hardtop and or rollbar. This would not be a problem if I was 5'5" or shorter.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:06 AM

Save your money and do an event with people who do not own Porsches....trust me.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:42 AM
Former Moderator

^ what he said
Old 08-07-2008, 09:48 AM

I really don't mind running with these guys. I have run with the Porsche Club before when I had a CRX set-up for the track. Porsche owners got humbled when a $3000 shit box wound up hounding them through the corners for the eventual point by on the straights. Just ordered the new seat rails which should put my dome under the hoop far enough to pass their broom stick test. If it does not someone could be walking around with the stick up their A$$
Old 08-07-2008, 09:49 AM

I don't usually complain about Ohio because I really like it up here...but I gotta be honest, organizations up here are A-HOLES about track days.

I have done quite a few in the Southeast and have NEVER run into this problem with any of them.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rickzack,Aug 7 2008, 11:36 AM
Porsche Club. I just got off the phone again with the organizers. If I can find someone with rails in stock for both passenger and drivers side I will need to install them drive up to Lexington the Sunday before so they can determine if the seats are low enough to pass their standards. The club also informed me that Dave Roush at Mid-O will not let the S2000 attend their drivers school without a hardtop and or rollbar. This would not be a problem if I was 5'5" or shorter.
um not completely true dave was going to allow me to run my s2k up there in a school with not hard top or roll bar and they run theres all the time with students in it with neither and top down so i dont believe he said that but things could have change in the last month

-Brett
Old 08-07-2008, 05:32 PM

Hmmm....I know of a one cool Pcar owner. He used to be S2000 owner too. Other than, all Pcar owners I've met besides him online and offline are absolute fck cases.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:25 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I understand if you're SCCA or NASA class racing but HPDE ?

I guess since sueing has become the national pastime in America,this is the outcome

Quick Reply: Track Day Liability