Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Stupid ****ing Tonneau Cover!!!!

Old 06-03-2004, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid ****ing Tonneau Cover!!!!

Maybe, it just outsmarted me this time. I thought, as I was cleaning my car yesterday, I would get the cover out of the garage, give it a good cleaning and drive with it on. I usually don't bother with it. It just sits in the garage and gathers dust. So, anyway, I go to take it off. No dice. I spend like 20 minutes trying to take the thing off just in case it rains. I ended up ripping the clips out of the car. I was so mad. I looked for instructions, but the instructions on the cover itself were no help whatsoever. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this frustration. Oh well, I guess I won't be using it anymore....

Matt
Old 06-03-2004, 05:45 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I know you're upset but honestly I can put mine on in a minute and off in 2. I used to have a devil of a time when I first got my car. But the more I used it the easier it got for me . It may still be under warranty,take it back and get a new one . Then the next time we have a get together come on over and join us and I'll be glad to share my trick !
Old 06-03-2004, 05:56 PM
Former Moderator

We have a tonneau cover?
Old 06-04-2004, 03:33 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Boot.....soft top cover.....you know the thing you never use,Mrs. Rich can show you
Old 06-04-2004, 03:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Luvs2Rev,

Hopefully you car is still under warranty. Mine is an '00 and I had mine replaced a while ago b/c they had broken off my actually tonneau cover.... I believe this first year and possibly the second had issues with the snaps... Check it out. I think there may be a TSB out there somewhere...

J
Old 06-04-2004, 04:38 AM

If I am reading this right, here is what I suggest for future removal.

Untuck the cover from the back first.

Then, reach under the cover to where the clips are.
Put your finger tips between the tonneau cover material and the tonneau cover clip then, pull out.
The clips will unsnap with the pressure between the tonneau material and the clips of the tonneau cover.

Does this make sense?
Old 06-04-2004, 04:40 AM

Yes it makes sense but some of the covers were just bad... I had some that broke and just wouldn't snap in anymore.. he may have this problem
Old 06-05-2004, 06:53 AM

Luvs2Rev,

I noticed that you have an '01. When Honda went to the glass rear window in '02, they removed the two center studs (that the snaps attach to) from the center of the body so they wouldn't interfere with the glass window. I believe the holes are still there, just covered by a plastic plug. The boot still has the center snaps, there's just nothing for them to snap on to.

If you remove the panel in the trunk (so you can access the spare tire) and remove the similar panel from the driver's side of the trunk, you can get a wrench on the back side of the two center studs. Take them out and use trim clips (plugs) for 3/8" or 10mm holes from any auto parts store to cover the holes.

The remaining two snaps will be adequate; just ask any '02 or '03 owner. I find the boot much easier to remove since I don't have the two center snaps to deal with.
Old 06-09-2004, 07:27 PM

My MY04 cover has two snaps in the back, and then the 2 attached to the straps for the sides.

the two back ones are a PITA, and the one on the passenger side is just danlging from from the body panel.

grrr
Old 06-10-2004, 09:37 AM

I have an '02. Same setup, 2 in the back, two on the sides. At any rate, at certan speeds, the driver's elastic buzzes like a swarm of bees. My brother said he almost wrecked it when he heard the noise. (:
-s

Quick Reply: Stupid ****ing Tonneau Cover!!!!