Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Spring Route 26 Drive

Old 04-15-2003, 05:00 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Spring Route 26 Drive

Central and Southern Ohio folks! Greetings. We are currently planning the spring Ohio Route 26 drive. If you were not able to join us last year, this is one drive you do not want to miss. 80 miles of twisties and elevation changes in a nice rural setting. For those of you who DID join us last year, we invite MOST of you again. just kidding. All are welcome. The official thread for this event can be found here . Please post all responses there vs. here, as I will not be monitoring this thread.
Old 05-11-2003, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys...........some of you old timers might remember me, especially our Rt 26 drive last fall. I thought i'd drop in and say hi to see how everyone is doing.

Right now, i'm currently dealing with a nasty lemon situation with my current Land Rover which has spent 2 of the 6 months i've owned it in the shop for warranty repairs. It's in the shop now again as well speak, and i've currently filed a lemon law claim against Land Rover North America. After I lemon law this POS, i'm currently looking into buying either an 03 Ford SVT Cobra, or Lexus ES300. I figure i'm going to either buy the fastest car $35-40k can buy you, or the most luxurious car $35-40k can buy you. Another Honda S2000 is out unfortunately since one of the reasons I had to sell it last year was my insurance skyrocketed on it when my policy cam up for renewal. I am a speed freak at heart, so I probably will end up doing an 03 Cobra coupe.

When I do this, I plan on doing a video of Rt 26 from start to finish with my camcorder mounted on my Hama windshield mount. I used this mount to film some of my latest offroad ventures, so I know it's sturdy enough if it can handle on-road ventures. I promised you guys a video of Rt 26 last year using a Crown Vic, but it never came through because I eventually lost all interest in that project after I got my current POS. From what I understand, it will be 1-2 months to get this buisness taken care of, longer if Land Rover decides to try to be jerks about this and I have to drag them into a hearing, or even into court. When I get my Cobra, is anyone interested in joining me for the drive? The camcorder will be mounted to the windshield, so it will really look awesome if I can film an S2000 tearing up the corners in front of me. You'll probably lose me on the corners only for me to catch up on the straighter sections since we know that S2000's handle much better than a 3700lb Mustang can(the Cobra still does handle pretty well though).
Old 05-12-2003, 08:58 AM

Originally posted by junehhan
Hey guys...........some of you old timers might remember me, especially our Rt 26 drive last fall. I thought i'd drop in and say hi to see how everyone is doing.

Right now, i'm currently dealing with a nasty lemon situation with my current Land Rover which has spent 2 of the 6 months i've owned it in the shop for warranty repairs. It's in the shop now again as well speak, and i've currently filed a lemon law claim against Land Rover North America. After I lemon law this POS, i'm currently looking into buying either an 03 Ford SVT Cobra, or Lexus ES300. I figure i'm going to either buy the fastest car $35-40k can buy you, or the most luxurious car $35-40k can buy you. Another Honda S2000 is out unfortunately since one of the reasons I had to sell it last year was my insurance skyrocketed on it when my policy cam up for renewal. I am a speed freak at heart, so I probably will end up doing an 03 Cobra coupe.

When I do this, I plan on doing a video of Rt 26 from start to finish with my camcorder mounted on my Hama windshield mount. I used this mount to film some of my latest offroad ventures, so I know it's sturdy enough if it can handle on-road ventures. I promised you guys a video of Rt 26 last year using a Crown Vic, but it never came through because I eventually lost all interest in that project after I got my current POS. From what I understand, it will be 1-2 months to get this buisness taken care of, longer if Land Rover decides to try to be jerks about this and I have to drag them into a hearing, or even into court. When I get my Cobra, is anyone interested in joining me for the drive? The camcorder will be mounted to the windshield, so it will really look awesome if I can film an S2000 tearing up the corners in front of me. You'll probably lose me on the corners only for me to catch up on the straighter sections since we know that S2000's handle much better than a 3700lb Mustang can(the Cobra still does handle pretty well though).
Hey June,

I remember you. I don't know who you're using for your lemon law but I am using a firm out of Chicago and have been told it will take 6 months or longer. And my case is a slam dunk.
Old 05-12-2003, 03:57 PM

Hi Carmen, i've currently filed my claim with the BBB lemon autoline which is the organization that land Rover has contracted with to provide the arbitration program. I am hoping we can get this resolved here, but if Land Rover decides to be a bunch of a-holes and not do the right thing, i'd like to know who your attorney is in case I have to drag this into court. It is not acceptable for a vehicle to be broken and out of service 2 months out of the 6 months you've owned it so far.
Old 05-12-2003, 04:18 PM

Hi Carmen, i've currently filed my claim with the BBB lemon autoline which is the organization that land Rover has contracted with to provide the arbitration program. I am hoping we can get this resolved here, but if Land Rover decides to be a bunch of a-holes and not do the right thing, i'd like to know who your attorney is in case I have to drag this into court. It is not acceptable for a vehicle to be broken and out of service 2 months out of the 6 months you've owned it so far.
PM on the way.
Old 05-12-2003, 06:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

June,

I'm sorry to hear about your problems with the Land Rover. I hope you can reach a satsifactory resolution quickly.
Old 05-13-2003, 03:27 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

June,
Just one question. Is your MOM gonna take this trip with you again, she did very well on the last one. It was nice having both of you there last year, hope you do it again. My wife likes to ride with me, but is always worried if any other women are gonna be there.
Old 05-13-2003, 06:21 AM

June,

We'll be doing a fall Route 26 drive also. Perhaps we can join up then.
Old 05-30-2003, 01:58 PM

Received 169 Likes on 150 Posts

Where exactly are the Columbus people meeting? I'll be coming up from Cincy that morning!!

Thanks!
Old 06-13-2003, 09:27 PM

Well, I guess it looks like I won't be joining you guys afterall. Land Rover has agreed to voluntarily buy my lemon back and i've decided to replace it with a Discovery. I don't know why, but ever since I got my first taste of offroading, i've lost all my interest for high performance cars. Carmen, i'm glad everything worked out great for you. I've decided to give Land Rover another chance since they are offering to voluntarily buy it back.

Quick Reply: Spring Route 26 Drive