Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club
View Poll Results: Keep the s2k, or get STi?
Keep s2k (Provide Reason)
75.00%
Get STi (Provide Reason)
25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Scooby Dooby Doo!

Old 10-20-2006, 06:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say depending on your situation the decision could be swayed. I personally would keep the S, I don't have any kids and don't have to drive it in the winter. If this will be your primary source of transportation get the STi, but having driven the Sti many times I personally don't like their power band and can't stand the interior. It is a great weater warrior!

Good luck with whatever you choose!
Old 10-20-2006, 08:19 AM

That wing would have to go before I'd even consider it, personally
Old 10-20-2006, 09:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What do you want from your car that's not making you happy? Seeing that you keep switching cars, what are you searching for? Respect, Power, looks, comfort, or handling? We can't them all, unless it's a Ferrari haha

Nothing against you, but I have some friends that are in similar situations. They can't decide if they should keep their current car (which they just bought recently) or not and I think part of the struggle is the complex they have with their image and expecatations of their car. Some want to gain respect from owning a car. But then are unsatisfied because it's numbers are not superior to all other cars in it's league. WHO GIVES CRAP!?

Anyways, now that's off my chest, I personally would not try and encourage someone to keep the S2000 if they have second thoughts about the car. I think, if they are unsure about the S2000, down the line they'd still be unhappy and nothing would change. Be happy with your choice, "It's your hard earned money"

I suggest start asking yourself the questions asked and grade your choices, but since you asked, being around the S2000 as an owner my experience with this car has been wonderful and I see the S2000 and STI as totally two different cars. Not in the same league to consider for substitution. STI serves a different audience than an S2000.

AWD <> FR
4 door <> 2 door
TOP <> convertible
Turbo <> N/A
Sedan look <> sports look

Substituting the STI for the S2000 is not an equal match, I'd feel that I lost something if I had to get rid of my S2000 for an STI.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:09 AM

New brakes and tires at 15k miles?????? Anyone else see that. Why would it new new ones at 15k miles? was this a track or autox car, maybe he just drove the crap out of it.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:42 AM

I think UnderEstimated is on the local Subie board as well since he posted on the thread as well...but for everyone else...

Karl posted this initially:
I drove by Motorcars Used Cars in Cleveland Heights a few weeks ago and saw a silver 04 STi parked there. The car had 15k mileage but the condition seemed rough. Almost every body panel has visible imperfections: the hood had deep scratches, the front bumper was cracked a little, scuff marks on the rear bumper, and a few small dings. The manager said the car was just taken in on trade the day before for a high-end Toyota. They paid the owner around $16000 for it.

Their body shop worked on it for about two weeks, and now it's back on the market, shiny and all. I went again to see it, and they now asks for $27900 on the sticker. Their internet advertisement says $24900 and they will accept $23500.

Just my two cents, sounds like it was a little beat on...maybe a road racer for awhile?
Old 10-20-2006, 09:45 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 148 Likes on 119 Posts

yikes.....
Old 10-20-2006, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by parkerdt,Oct 20 2006, 12:19 PM
That wing would have to go before I'd even consider it, personally
Totally Agree! The rare occurance of seeing an Impreza without a wing is nice. After what Eric posted above, I would run like hell from that car.

I still think the EVO is better looking, but neither is much my speed. If you want a sweet deal on a 2004 S4 instead let me know.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:58 AM

Like I said before, having to replace brakes and tires on a 15k mile car (with the exception of tires on an s!) seems a little fishy to me.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LilJapnBoy,Oct 20 2006, 12:42 PM
I think UnderEstimated is on the local Subie board as well since he posted on the thread as well...but for everyone else...

Karl posted this initially:
I drove by Motorcars Used Cars in Cleveland Heights a few weeks ago and saw a silver 04 STi parked there. The car had 15k mileage but the condition seemed rough. Almost every body panel has visible imperfections: the hood had deep scratches, the front bumper was cracked a little, scuff marks on the rear bumper, and a few small dings. The manager said the car was just taken in on trade the day before for a high-end Toyota. They paid the owner around $16000 for it.

Their body shop worked on it for about two weeks, and now it's back on the market, shiny and all. I went again to see it, and they now asks for $27900 on the sticker. Their internet advertisement says $24900 and they will accept $23500.

Just my two cents, sounds like it was a little beat on...maybe a road racer for awhile?

F-that! (forget that).
Old 10-21-2006, 10:24 AM

Please don't buy that car......it really was in a terrible shape a month ago.

Quick Reply: Scooby Dooby Doo!