Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

S2k @ K2K - Sat., 3-6-10, 2 or 3 pm

Old 12-21-2009, 11:20 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default S2k @ K2K - Sat., 3-6-10, 2 or 3 pm

I know when we were in Cleveland, Motoo expressed some possible interest in indoor karting; so, just in case there is any interest in Ohio, please see this thread in the UMW:

Edit: It's back again, this time for March!
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=763100
Old 12-21-2009, 12:54 PM

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Very interested, checking date, back to you soon

And thanks for remembering
Old 12-22-2009, 05:54 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 148 Likes on 119 Posts

Aww... damn..this sounds like a lot of fun...

Not sure if I can swing this since I'm going to be in Detroit for the auto show but I'll definitely see if it's doable..

Thanks!!! this sounds like a lot of fun!
Old 12-22-2009, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Mocky,Dec 22 2009, 06:54 AM
Not sure if I can swing this since I'm going to be in Detroit for the auto show but I'll definitely see if it's doable..
For business, I assume, since NAIAS begins January 11th?

(I had actually thought about the possibility of a combined Auto Show - carting meet, but I figured that would be way too much. In any event, I usually like to see the auto show alone or with one or two other people at most because it goes much quicker; especially since I like to get there early before all the crowds get in and I can go through it all real quick by myself)
Old 12-23-2009, 06:50 PM

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

For those interested from NE Ohio, Mocky and I are going to this event.

I am going to appropriate my better half's MDX, so I have 2 empty seats if anyone else wants to ride along (could get a 3rd in if you want to sit across the 3rd row).

We can meet at my house or I can pick you up at Midway Mall on the way to Detroit.

Only thing is that Mocky and I have agreed to make it a day trip only. Go up, do the karting, get some food, and return to Cleveland. If there is crappy weather that could make the driving bad, we will scrub.

Anyone interested, post up, or pm me

Old 12-25-2009, 07:38 AM

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

We are actually heading up this sunday for the enduro, 4 drivers over a 2hr period, so 30 min per driver. Ten minutes in those things and my hands are cramped, so I 30 minutes will be a joy . I am sure we are going to get destroyed considering 3 of the 4 of us are over 200 lbs.

I may consider heading back up for this event, I am always up for some Karting
Old 12-28-2009, 07:25 AM

^^^ How did the race go?

I guess we may have a ringer in our midst if you decide to join us on the 9th?
Old 12-29-2009, 05:50 PM

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

We got DESTROYED . We ended up doing a 10 min practice session all in separate carts because two of the people on our team have not been there before. We then drew our fateful cart (piece of shit) and did a 40 min qualifing session (10 min each), we qualified 7/12 with a 28.90. On to the 2hr race, we decided to start one of the slower drivers 1st with the idea that things are going to be so congested that a faster driver would not matter. He really did great except there was this damn kid there who was fast because he was 80 lbs wet, but had no concept of racing and spun our 1st driver atleast 3 times, one of which I think messed the clutch up because it was clanking and slipping out of the slow corners .

The next two drivers managed to get spun on their stints (none of the times their fault), leaving us towards the back of the pack. This leads to my turn, we were quite a ways back so my goal was to try to get the best possible finish we could (realistically 8th or 9th). The 3rd lap out I was trying to let some of the faster races going on past me (the front pack that was multiple laps ahead), except they were a bit slower in a tight section so I tried to maintain speed without hiting the driver ahead, but made contact and the guy behind me hit me spining me out .

So all of the spins, the slipping clutch on the cart, gave us a 12/12 finish. I hate getting last .

I am really not that great though, at 215 lbs I am deffinately at a disadvantage. I am pretty consistant in the mid-low 29 second range (29.00 being my fastest this weekend). There were some people there who were very serious, some guys who race in the Mustang Challenge series were there, and those guys were in the 27s (they won). But with this race the key was to stay out of trouble, which none of us did well.

30 minutes was a long time to be in one of those carts, as you guys will see when you go. After 10 minutes my hands are really cramped. Infact that entire thing really exhausted me, making my workout today pretty difficult.

Hopefully I can make it. We will see what the wife says
Old 12-30-2009, 06:53 AM

Sorry you were last, but it was still a good story!
Old 01-05-2010, 05:49 AM

Motoo, I took you off the list because, Rick PM'd me and told me you could not make it. Bgoetz, if you are interested, I think that maybe Rick (BlueBarchetta) was looking for someone else to ride up with him.

Quick Reply: S2k @ K2K - Sat., 3-6-10, 2 or 3 pm