Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Route 26 Official Pictures Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 05:29 PM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

Big Thanks to OhioRacer for organizing this! It was awesome!

Staging in Cambridge:

Lunch at Woodsfield:

Heading for the Marietta Brewing Company, I saw a cop turn around to follow us. He pulled into the parking lot and chatted for a while...

... until he got an emergency call of some kind and favored us with half a donut, as we cheered him on!

Heading back on Sunny Sunday:

Here's one for you, Sam!

Saying our goodbyes:

To all you who made fun of the fact that I didn't wash my car halfway through the run - She's clean now....

Got the washing done just as the rain was starting - had to finish the drying off in the garage.

(Check out the Chix Rex Thread for photos of April's little accident.....

Good run, good memories. It was good to see all of you again, and make some new friends. John, thanks for trusting me with your NSX (that burnout was cool!). Dave, thanks for the ride in the Viper. Also, thanks for NOT letting me drive it. Scary!

JonasM
Old 06-08-2003, 08:00 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Joe, you forgot a picture with the wipers back on the car!!!!! They will back off soon.

Took me about 3 hours to get the S back in shape. Interior, outside, and undercarriage. I would take some pictures, but my old digital camera is dead. I put the black chrome badges on too. Thanks Jeff!
Not to many chips either some how. Just a big one on the fender that even a clear bra would not have been up far enough to protect that area. Also, if you think you were getting hit in the head by stuff, you were not imagining it. The paint on my side mirrors took a beating. Lots of touch up on both. If anyone else needs to do some touch up work, do not use the factory brush. I use an ultra fine artist brush and do as many coats as needed to fill the chip and then use 2000 grit sand paper on the end of a pencil, rub it out and you can hardly tell.

Thanks Carmen for organizing this, had a great time

I think lovetodrive and I set a record if there is one I can still feel the inside nascar style pass that some of you witnessed.

Can't wait do do this again and maybe with 4.44's in the diff. Should be able to do the run even quicker.
Old 06-09-2003, 04:59 AM

Received 169 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally posted by david1
[I think lovetodrive and I set a record if there is one I can still feel the inside nascar style pass that some of you witnessed.
[/B]
That pass was crazy!!! I had to wait for a nice long straightaway to get around those four cars!

I enjoyed the little "run" that we had..... Thank goodness Ranger Bob wasn't around, or we would have been in jail for sure!!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I got caught in one heck of a downpour on the way home.... Need to go home "sick" from work today to wash the "S"!! Its filthy!!
Old 06-09-2003, 05:31 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lovetodrive2000
[B]

That pass was crazy!!!
Old 06-09-2003, 05:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Many thanks to Carmen for putting this drive together.
What a fun B-day spent hanging out with a bunch of enthusiasts and all around great group. Plus got a chance to drive a 993 cab, S2000, ride in a Viper. Marketing folks over at Old Milwaukee just called to see if I wanted to do a "It doesn't get any better than this" commercial. Still have not heard from Tanya...she claims to have had family in Cambride so I guess they drove her home to Berea....???

If joined with a female passenger in future drives she will undergo hours of intense training in a Sit-N-Spin to ensure we don't have any of that again. I mentioned the BMW CCA drivers school at Nelsons Ledges this July 26-7 to a few of you. PM me if anyone is interested and I will get you additional info.

I hope that April got home safe with no smart lip from Bernie. I look forward to seeing you all again soon.

-John
Old 06-09-2003, 06:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John:

Glad you had a good time despite the bailout. Rich was really impressed with your NSX. He was expecting something more like a Camaro. It was really nice of you to let him take it for a spin when he didn't even bring a car. Next time hopefully you'll get to drive his Boxster S.

Maybe next time we'll be able to keep the black cars clean enough to actually want some pictures taken. Mine is still a mess. Try to make it down for the car show this weekend if you get a chance. Maybe bring a different girl though. I'll put my daughter in with you, she'll just keep going "Faster, faster!".

Brad
Old 06-09-2003, 07:08 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I think our "official photo-journalist" is still in the hot tub. Andy!!!! We need pics!!!
Old 06-12-2003, 07:43 PM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

Here are a couple more from Brad's camera:

A group shot - so we can all remember the faces to go with the names:

On the road to Rt. 26. This is after we all caught up (some hitting triple digits...... ) :

Oops, how'd that one get in there?

JonasM