[B]This is a great debrief thread.
Old 06-11-2003, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did the sightseeing group do
Old 06-11-2003, 12:44 PM

Originally posted by jwiseman
How did the sightseeing group do
I thought you were probably sitting back getting a big chuckle out of this whole thing.

The funny thing is, the sightseeing group (1 car) is the only one that went AWOL. I don't believe we've heard a peep from them since we got back. This sucks since they were the official photographers. I hope everything is ok........
Old 06-11-2003, 12:56 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by waybrig
[B]

I thought you were probably sitting back getting a big chuckle out of this whole thing.

The funny thing is, the sightseeing group (1 car) is the only one that went AWOL.
Old 06-11-2003, 01:05 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am also thinking along the lines of BK. I also drive differently with a passenger. The person that came with me on the Cinci run would have wanted out of the car to puke and quit shaking.
Old 06-11-2003, 01:39 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by waybrig
[B]

The funny thing is, the sightseeing group (1 car) is the only one that went AWOL.
Old 06-11-2003, 01:47 PM

OK, I am very late to this post, but I do have a few thoughts.

1st, as organizer of many motorcycle rides to southern Ohio and the Dragon, I know how it is to feel some sense of responsibility for the success of the ride/drive. Success usually means everybody has fun and nobody gets hurt.

I think I'll be a little more sensitive to that in the future. Yes, Aprils agricultural excursion did make me think about this a little more than I otherwise would have. I just kept thinking how much worse it could have been.

David, I'd love to see you drive on the track sometime, but I don't ever want to see you or anyone else do that on a public road again. And yes, I am nearly as guilty since I stayed close enough to you to see how you were driving... If Tina weren't with me, I'd probably have been right there with you.

After getting hit by an "aggressive driver" on Monday afternoon, I have even more perspective.

I don't think you'll see me driving more than 7/10ths on a public road again...

PS. The S is fine, my CL Type S is not so much so....

Thank you, everyone, for participating in this constructive thread.
Old 06-11-2003, 05:01 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

Wow, all this discussion! Great, as stated before, we do have to go back and discuss what happened, good and bad.

Bad: April's incident....could have happened to any of us. If I remember correctly, she had stated earlier there was some concern about her tires. I think it was before the run. In the profession I was in, driving on public roads at any speed for periods of time increased the potential for an accident, and sooner or later the %'s catch up. The outcome in this case was damage to the car only, and this was more than likely due to the driver's efforts to control the car. Enough about that!

Speed for the entire group (except sightseeing) was an issue, on the trip back on Sunday, I started out trying to keep up, but decided to just enjoy this ride at my pace. Therefore I was the last car in the group. Didn't bother me at all!

Good: This discussion, with friends, trying to ensure that all of our trips together are fun and safe! The decision to establish rules is great.

My input:Communications, radios are a must, and as many as possilbe. Imagine a 20 car pile-up, now this would be BAD! When April had her incident, Hardtopguy (I believe) put it out on the radio, I was next after him and started to slow down as I knew something was wrong. Over the next hill and there they were!
Before each ride make sure all radio's are on the same channal, and how to announce a problem on the road!

Carmen, this was a great event, let us learn from it and grow as a group of FRIENDS ENJOYING OUR CARS!
Old 06-11-2003, 06:22 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by spt-s2k
[B]My input:Communications, radios are a must, and as many as possilbe.
Old 06-11-2003, 06:44 PM

Are there better radio's out there? My loaner was pretty much useless except when on the highway. Once we got on 26 I heard a few people trying to say something, but I just got a few words here and there. Asked people to repeat but still incomprehensible. Not sure what the problem was.

Quick Reply: Route 26 Drive Concerns