Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

A Ray Moment

Old 07-15-2005, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CarmenOhio,Jul 15 2005, 12:02 PM
Does this qualify as a Ray moment?

Got tires at NTB, they tell me to come back in 50 miles to get retourqed, I'm thinking thats

So I drive up to Medina and I start to hear this clicking sound from the front. I think it the drive shaft taking a dump on me. Get back to Cols and the ticking is louder and I'm still thinking its the damn drive shaft. A few days of driving later the ticking turns into grinding and klunking, so I get out and realize that all of the lugs loosened up on a front wheel causing two studs to break off and making the round bolt holes in the wheel oval. That wheel was wobbling so bad it reminded me of a clown car.

This was in my sunfire, part of the clunking was the broken lugs bouncing around behind the plastic center cover thing on the wheel.

Dave
Um, I would say that is a dumbass moment. You have taken the step to the next level. J/K You have yourself a Ray Moment my friend. Enjoy a Guinness on me.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:57 AM

Thanks man!

Dave
Old 07-15-2005, 07:01 PM

Received 805 Likes on 716 Posts

Ray^2
Old 07-20-2005, 02:07 PM

I ordered a front spoiler protector from Coastal Metals. After 22 days of waiting , I had my money refunded. The guy at Coastal did reply to my e-mails pretty fast. He said they were having problems with the powder coater. I was understanding and willing to wait, especially since the guy was so sincere. He ven said they would pay for express shipping. The bottom fell out when he e-mailed me Friday and said I would have it by mid week. I e-mailed Tuesday and asked for a tracking number. No luck. I asked for a refund today and got it rather quickly. The e-mail stated " when we have them in stock, we will contact you". Not sure what that means. Maybe they had a batch at the powder coater and they were dragging their feet. Anyway, just wanted to give feedback to the club in case someone was having similar issues. I guess my point is they should not charge your credit card until the item is shipped. I am not too ticked, I will use the money to powder coat my OEM wheels.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:01 AM

It keeps getting worse and worse...

I curbed one of the BBS wheels on my Audi when I went to Indy for the USnon-GP. When I was at the (name withheld) dealership having some other maintenance done, I asked if they did wheel repair and was told yes. So I left the wheel there to be repaired.

They call on Tuesday and tell me it is done. I picked it up in the afternoon. The service guy put it in my trunk and I gave it a quick look over on the lip where the damage was, it it looked ok. Then they tell me that (name withheld) is who they sent it to for the work. Ray knows where I am talking about.

Well, I go back to work and get home late and was palnning to put the BBS wheels back on the car. I pull the wheel out of the trunk and on the side I didn't look at, there is a 2 inch scrape on one spoke. Back in the trunk the wheel goes.

I took it back to the dealership last night and showed them the scrape and got a "ok, we will send it back" comment.

The dealer calls me this morning and says the wheel was perfect when they gave it to me on Tuesday. A small argument commences and I remind the them that I have pumped $50,000+ into their dealership and I would expect a little more respect and from them to take my side with their subcontractor. I also stated that I didn't completely inspect the the wheel when I picked it up, but that I caused no damage whatsoever. He was doubtful that the subcontractor would fix the damage, so I suggested a partial refund on what I paid them for the work. It ended there with their commitment to pursue it further.

more to come unfortunately
Old 07-21-2005, 06:06 AM

What a crock. You probably scratched it when you tossed it in the trunk.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:18 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Scott, just jack up that dealers floor plan a 1/2 percent. That will teach em.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by david1,Jul 21 2005, 10:18 AM
Scott, just jack up that dealers floor plan a 1/2 percent. That will teach em.
I am about ready to pull that lever, Dave.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:03 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by ROGUE3308,Jul 21 2005, 10:06 AM
What a crock. You probably scratched it when you tossed it in the trunk.
We all know it's never the dealers fault.

F^%$ Wheel Medic. I'll ship my wheels to California for repair before I let them touch a thing.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:15 AM

Received 805 Likes on 716 Posts

There's a place in Huntington (IN) that fixed my wheel... did a great job for like $60.

Quick Reply: A Ray Moment