Super Moderator

Received 2,867 Likes on 2,079 Posts

That is some coincidence! You're safe this weekend

I'll see about going to Chicago this weekend to rain on their party too
Old 07-21-2008, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 07-21-2008, 11:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I intended to snap some pictures and film when doing most of the parade lap, but due to the down pour and poor vision with the rain dripping all over my eyes, I was too busy. Too busy with wiping the rain off my face and keeping an eye on the cars in front of me and behind me to prepare for anything that could happen out there.

I kept thinking, I need to film this, this would be great to capture, but I kept think hmmm I better not. Better focus on what's happening so I can react right away. Don't want to be "that guy" that wasn't paying attention.

Old 07-21-2008, 01:23 PM

Received 241 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KBreaker,Jul 21 2008, 02:58 PM
Don't want to be "that guy" that wasn't paying attention.

Me too, Blake. My focus was on not being "that guy" too.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:30 PM

kinda like Family Circus -----"Not Me"
Old 07-21-2008, 04:10 PM

Received 5,749 Likes on 3,386 Posts

My promotional decals got a lot of attention. As one young passerby said "Sweet". My thoughts exactly. Because of the attention that was the slowest drive I've ever had to and from MidOhio. Even so, on the return a souped up Camaro pulled up along side me on I-94 and wanted to drag race.

It was really nice having our own parking coral there. The place is so big and spread out I only got to meet a couple of you but I certainly enjoyed the weekend.

Acura won the ALMS pole position; attached is a picture of David Brabham of the Acura team. Also a picture of one of Speed tv Canadian show hosts some of you might know. He's laughing so hard because I told him he looked better on tv and he shot back that I looked better standing over there.

I enjoyed seeing the Audi's (1st & 2nd place) beat the Penske Porsches in the Saturday ALMS race. Sadly the fueler on Gill de Ferran's team was burnt when it ignited during a pit stop. We were as close as we wanted to be at the time; we were watching the action from the 2nd floor walkway of the pits.

Sunday started off shaky with a quick heavy rain before I'd left the motel. The wisdom of age overtook the enthusiasm of youth and I passed on the chance to join in the parade lap. Pete, hope you are not mad at me. Really, I kinda figured from the get go that you had more "Ohio" driver's than you needed, plus I would have to dismantal my roll bar and "lighted" wind deflector; finally I didn't have room for the toneau cover.

I had been kidding a friend that I was going to have Danica Patrick sit on my lap. His comment "Glad you're getting to the races, but I wouldn't hold my breathe for Danica to hop in (the car) with you. But who knows, even ugly Lyle Lovett hit the jackpot once."

I don't know about Lyle but I know I'm not stupid enough to sit out in the pouring rain when the second front came through. Danica and her crowd aren't stupid either. Now a few of you S2000 driver's got to experience what MG driver's have always known -- the fun of driving in pouring rain without the top.

The rest of the day was dry and the largest crowd since the split up of the Indy car series got to see a great race with 7 or 8 lead changes. Penske's team did better that day; finishing 1-2 with Ryan Briscoe on top.

PS - It was nice to see how easily the decals came off. I didn't need to use a hair dryer or any form of heat; they just pealed off.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:29 PM

Pictures look great guys. I sold my S just in time to not make it to this event. Oh well. Maybe in a few years I will pick up another.

I had tickets for all weekend, but with our first kid born Wednesday, I didn't it was a good idea to attend with a 3 day old.

Dan
Old 07-21-2008, 06:00 PM

Received 263 Likes on 88 Posts

I only took three pix yesterday.....mostly because i was too busy trying to keep my glasses clean and the inside of my windshield clear......

I parked by #13....a bad omen

Old 07-21-2008, 06:51 PM

only had a few good ones since all I had was my mom's point and shoot.

One of the Speed world challenge cars

Rain

Me!

Sunsets Freeking ROCK!
Old 07-21-2008, 07:13 PM

Where's my shocker pic!?

-Matt

Quick Reply: Photos from Mid Ohio