Old 02-01-2006, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by efthimios,Feb 1 2006, 05:58 AM
thought his name was Chaz monkey boy?
i think its shad.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Ubetit,Jan 31 2006, 11:16 AM
It's very early in the life of the BRP charger but I don't care what Chad said, Comptech took the easy way out on the S2000.
easy way HA....

once long ago a man stepped outta line and got put back in super fast by a little PR...

listen my child

A roots blower is straight easy for anyone that has half a brain. They produce almost instant power then they heat soak... they come stock in every SC car from the factory not because they are the all mighty power maker but because its EASY. A roots blower takes the place of the intake manifold on a car. It requires a intake manifold flange and a mounting point for the SC, size up a belt and ship it. EASY as 1 2 3 ..... Anyone that has even touched a s2k in the means of boosting or tuning knows that the biggest hold back on the car is the intake manifold. It holds heat lika mother... that means its a huge restriction for making HP, putting a SC right where that heat soaking SOB is shows you how ass9 those people are right off the bat. Once that SC heats up (which would be by the time you go to the corner) its goin to produce no HP and blow hot air in the engine. Your not goin to cool that thing off anywhere near as fast as the manifold would. Good luck at the race track with the roots blower its goin to be so hot i bet you wont even be able to touch it.... Roots = waste of time and money on an S2K

other choice

Comptech centrifugal SC

The nicest and most thought out SC for S2Ks...

Comptech has CnC'd a billet bracket for a Paxton baseline SC upgradable to a Novi 2000 which is the SCs Vipers use.. The SC is bolted into the bracket and is infront of the engine therefore it is no where near as hot as the roots style. they also have a quality airbox with a CF cover. And lets not forgot they main thing THE AFTERCOOLER!!!!!!!! that speaks for itself .... coolant ran by a seperate pump circulating in a chamber that cools air!!!!!!!! ingenuis!!!! enough because i dont wanna take all of BRs business away..

COMPTECH = BIG USABLE HP

dyno run after dyno run after dyno run the comptech setup lost no more than 3 HP on every s2k i have seen in the middle of summer....

im giving BR the benefit of the doubt and hoping the kit comes with FMU/fuel pump

Comptech wins
Old 02-01-2006, 10:58 PM

IMO I would NOT upgrade to a novi 2000, there just too big of blower, and our little 4 cyl engine is not enough to spool it properly. Id stick with the novi 1000, upgrade fuel, ems, 9lbs pulley and roll out.

Read more about the novi 2000 woes here https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=352153
Old 02-01-2006, 11:14 PM

NOVI 2000 top end beast!!!!!!!!!!

just like puttin a huge turbo on a car..... same shizzz

novi 2000 20lb pulley

woooooooooohooooooooooooooo

700hp
Old 02-02-2006, 05:09 AM
Former Moderator

[QUOTE=Honda_mann,Feb 2 2006, 02:25 AM] easy way HA....

once long ago a man stepped outta line and got put back in super fast by a little PR...

listen my child

A roots blower is straight easy for anyone that has half a brain. They produce almost instant power then they heat soak... they come stock in every SC car from the factory not because they are the all mighty power maker but because its EASY. A roots blower takes the place of the intake manifold on a car. It requires a intake manifold flange and a mounting point for the SC, size up a belt and ship it. EASY as 1 2 3 ..... Anyone that has even touched a s2k in the means of boosting or tuning knows that the biggest hold back on the car is the intake manifold. It holds heat lika mother... that means its a huge restriction for making HP, putting a SC right where that heat soaking SOB is shows you how ass9 those people are right off the bat. Once that SC heats up (which would be by the time you go to the corner) its goin to produce no HP and blow hot air in the engine. Your not goin to cool that thing off anywhere near as fast as the manifold would.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:14 AM

Gears.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:52 AM

dont hate cause you aint'
Old 02-02-2006, 09:15 PM
EBZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by duff0000,Feb 1 2006, 12:10 PM
They say around 7k
This 7000 gets you the kit, installation, porting, and tuning ( i think)

I read the thread and it looks like they're trying out new intercooler cores, the first one was not flowing nearly enough past 6k rpms.

Should be interesting to see what sort of torque this sucker puts out

E
Old 02-02-2006, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Ubetit,Feb 2 2006, 09:09 AM
Don't be condescending.

Roots superchargers come stock on factory cars because NOT ONE manufacturer cares about making horsepower in the last 1/4 of the power band. UNLESS you have a big displacement pushrod engine that runs out of steam at 4000 rpm there's no reason for a centrifugal supercharger (ok maybe parasitic loss and efficiency)

Stock Comptech puts out 286 rwhp on an S2000 at 8800 rpm... and under 20 horsepower up to vtec! How much time do spend in vtec? Big "usable" horsepower, thats' a friggen joke right. At least own up to that fact. And don't come back with examples of "Steve" and how his comptech is making 350 rwp. The stock kit is anemic. It's right on the Comptech website and hardtopguy himself has had a few chargers dyno'd. I want horsepower and torque where my engine spends most of it's time even if that means less peak hp.

I'm still taking the wait and see approach, but I don't understand why such hate from you and a few others about this charger?
have you ever been for a ride on a sc s2k?????????????

last time i checked i was the one dyno'ing the cars for HTG. Joe and myself have worked on SC s2ks for awhile...

look at all the huge HP cars buddy they make peak HP damn near redline....If you make 300hp at 4000rpm, at redline your goin to have 180-200hp because its goin to nose dive into the ground. thats the way power bands are on root SCs. unless you have a huge V8

whos "steve"???

Quick Reply: new S/C for the s2k