Looter
50.00%
S2K_Cincy
50.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

New Ohio CO Poll

Old 01-06-2009, 11:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Obviously I can't answer that since you are the one that can see who voted, but I can take a guess based on the fact that I know Denny and I both have relationships all over the country based on our prior experiences with S2K events (SESM, WTD, DBR, Track events, Groups drives, NASA, etc etc).

My group has about 100 members, a subset of which are members on here. I would imagine that Denny's group is about the same size or a little larger.

I don't want this to become a political battle, it's not worth the division that comes from it.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do you define what's large enough and what isn't though? Granted, out of the 3 S2000 sites Im on, S2ki has the smallest Cincy group, but who's to say that won't change once we get a new CO/CO's? Not to mention, Denny and Shannon are the two (successful) leaders of the other websites and if they BOTH became S2ki CO's, then I could see the Cincy group here increasing in size HUGELY.

Just my .02 though

-Matt
Old 01-06-2009, 11:58 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 148 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by mattfeet' date='Jan 6 2009, 04:34 PM
How do you define what's large enough and what isn't though? Granted, out of the 3 S2000 sites Im on, S2ki has the smallest Cincy group, but who's to say that won't change once we get a new CO/CO's? Not to mention, Denny and Shannon are the two (successful) leaders of the other websites and if they BOTH became S2ki CO's, then I could see the Cincy group here increasing in size HUGELY.

Just my .02 though

-Matt
Increase in size "hugely"?

Matt, there is no set formula that determines population size to number of COs (you are in one smallest areas and yet there are 2 COs for your group).

The whole state of Ohio has 249 members (members meaning badged representatives). Out of the 249, I'd say less than 10% are regular contributors to the forum. Break this down into three sections of the state... Cleveland, Columbus, and Cinci. 3 COs watch over 24 members and create events for this group. 1 CO for every 8 members is seriously flawed but based on the size of the state, I don't necessarily see the harm in adding a 3rd.
Keep in mind.. as a reference tool: the Carolinas have 2 COs. That's two states (with pretty active participation in their forum.. 2 COs). Metro area (with over 350 members and a very active forum, has only 2 COs).

I'm not adding a 3rd CO to increase traffic to the site. I'm adding a 3rd CO because I felt that representation from Southern Ohio would be good as well as helping out with Scott since he will be going through an upcoming lifestyle change.

and on that note, I'm done talking about this... I'll keep an eye on this and pop in as necessary... Also, to Shannon's point, this isn't a political contest and it was never intended to be. Having people vote from coast-to-coast isn't the intent of the voting..I want to see people who are active in the Ohio community vote... not some douchebag from Seattle (you know who you are ) chime in because they were part of some "caravan" back in ''04