Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

new member from north east ohio

Old 08-01-2012, 03:20 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome
Old 08-01-2012, 03:29 PM

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Originally Posted by Mocky
I replaced my head unit but didn't put the Modifry in (it's sitting on my desk). I liked it on my '05... I realized I never use the buttons anyway so I never really thought much about it.
When I replaced my head unit I added the Modifry interface. Once you learn the few new button combinations you will love it.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:45 PM
JHo
Member (Premium)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
Originally Posted by Mocky' timestamp='1343846677' post='21905550
I replaced my head unit but didn't put the Modifry in (it's sitting on my desk). I liked it on my '05... I realized I never use the buttons anyway so I never really thought much about it.
When I replaced my head unit I added the Modifry interface. Once you learn the few new button combinations you will love it.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:46 PM

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Welcome, Josh!

Also love the Modifry DCI... couldn't live without it. Works great with my Kenwood X996
Old 08-01-2012, 08:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok thank you for the input everyone and I'm gona try and get that and if anyone is looking into upgrading there head unit I have been looking at the alpine head units that's what I have always ran in all of my cars but the new CDE-HD138BT I think is the right modle had a 7 band EQ so I have a spair set of speakers laying around but I'm going to tune the doors to just do highs and a little bit of mid's and get a sub for the trunk I have a JL just laying around to so gona try and do all of this soon ill let everyone know how it goes, also has anyone here ran the darkside sub box? Just currious if anyone has some experience with them! Also had to take off the test pipe today to go get Echeck let me tell you how awsome that was what should have been a 10 minute job ended up taking an hour and a half snapped all 3 bolts for the cat kicker was they were stainless and were so stuck I had to keep going till the heads twisted off needless to say not only is the car quiet but has some new bolts to oh well had to get plates eventually!
Old 08-02-2012, 04:40 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 148 Likes on 119 Posts

Anti seize
I actually have the three bolts that go between the cat and exhaust. They came off my Berk HFC and since they sent me an extra set of bolts, I had the old ones sitting in my bedroom. If you had posted something about it yesterday I could have dropped them off instead of having to go get new ones

I have an Alpine HU as well. I think any aftermarket HU is better than the stock one.. I happen to like mine because it charges my iphone and streams Pandora as well as plays mp3s off a front connecting memory stick.

It's on the other side of town, but there is a self-echeck station in Twinsburg btw.. no visual inspection, no gas cap.. just scan your VIN number, plug obd2, and done. Food for thought, two years down the road
Old 08-02-2012, 09:59 AM

Yea I agree about theanti seize but none of my friends listen to me and since I bought the car from a friend well I had to deal with it but it will be all good I have to put the test pipe back on its to quiet for me now and I greatly appriciate that you would do that dropping off the bolts, only 6 bucks tho and a trip to the hard wear store so it could have been worse, yea that is why I'm getting the alpine head unit too to stream pandora through blue tooth so nice and easy, well thank you for that ill have to remember to go there so I don't have to do this again haha, if anyone wants to next week maybe wednesday after 6 we could arrange a get togeather of any local people few of my friends can take some great pictures of everyones car if you haven't seen the actual pictures of my car they are in my other post and that was just point and shoot with little to no editing just as a rough idea, oh and mocky what modle headunit was it? I'm just trying to put something togeather that will work when I have the top down on the freeway
Old 08-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 148 Likes on 119 Posts

I don't remember what model it is.... I'm sure I have the box sitting around somewhere..it was cheap..I don't listen to the radio much in the car (my '05 had a system in it... it was nice.. but not necessary for me )

You should go down to Mid Ohio this weekend btw..we will all be there
Old 08-02-2012, 02:17 PM

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Not ALL of us
Old 08-02-2012, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by kaptaink2002
I think I might get a spair set of wheels just to mess around with
Welcome to the fourm

I have a set of BFG R1s slicks on RPF1s or Hankook Softs slicks on CR rims, Both rattlecan black thanks to many track days and poor storage.

As for camber, unless your slammed and have to run camber only go up to -1.8Deg front and -2Deg rear at near stock height. I have no problem using factory adjustment points; just sit in car as they align on rack. I am just as fast as other s2000 with this and my tires wear more evenly.

Good luck on power though; i used Hondata for my car and loved the difference.

Quick Reply: new member from north east ohio