Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

New Honda Dealer

Old 09-18-2002, 04:49 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default New Honda Dealer

I took a drive tonight and went past a new Honda dealer in Streetsboro off Route 14. It's Classic Honda (same people as the Mentor dealers). It is supposed to be the only Honda dealer in Portage County. Anyway I stopped in to look around and also grab an '03 S2000 brochure. I got the grand tour from a salesman and the GM (Rex). (They just opened a week ago and weren't very busy.) Of course, I had to put my recruiting hat on. I asked Rex if I could drop off our cards (currently in design) and a brochure (not even in design yet) and have his salespeople give them out to new S2k buyers. He agreed. In fact, he offered to host a meet. So I believe we now have 3 dealers willing to hand out our info. Ganley, Jay and Classic. I think this is how we'll get our best "market penetation". I can't tell you how many S2000's I pass, and I know it's none of you guys. So....to make a long story longer...I think the more we get the word out, the more people will be aware of us...the more participants we'll have.

As an aside, I'm pretty pleased with the participation in the Ganley event. Given that people in our email group are from Erie, Pittsburgh, Columbus, Beavercreek and Sandusky, I think we did pretty damn well. I think only 2 "local" people aren't making it. Cheers.
Old 09-18-2002, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just thought of this. Why couldn't the dealers you've met mail out s2ki.com Northeast Ohio cards and info to present owners and not just newbies. Just a thought.
Old 09-19-2002, 09:19 AM

Originally posted by DarioManfretti
I just thought of this. Why couldn't the dealers you've met mail out s2ki.com Northeast Ohio cards and info to present owners and not just newbies. Just a thought.
Yes, I have thought of that as well. In fact, 2 of them have offered something similar. But I wanted to start small and get these things on the salesmans desks first before I "imposed" more on the dealers. But it is on the agenda. Thanks for the ideas. Keep 'em coming!
Old 09-19-2002, 10:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have to watch because there is a fine line for privacy. Customers want to feel their best interest is at hand when buying from a Dealership and handing their name and address out breaks that trust. Clubs can be fun at times and some can be a waste of time. Events that are held out in the publics eye is one of the best ways to catch someone's interest. Sending out letters acquired through a confidential purchase borders on invasion of ones privacy. Don't be to eager to increase membership worry more about increasing activities for current members to keep them just that others will follow. JMO

Joe
Old 09-19-2002, 10:37 AM

Originally posted by SanMarinoCpe
You have to watch because there is a fine line for privacy. Customers want to feel their best interest is at hand when buying from a Dealership and handing their name and address out breaks that trust. Clubs can be fun at times and some can be a waste of time. Events that are held out in the publics eye is one of the best ways to catch someone's interest. Sending out letters acquired through a confidential purchase borders on invasion of ones privacy. Don't be to eager to increase membership worry more about increasing activities for current members to keep them just that others will follow. JMO

Joe
Joe,

I think you may have misunderstood. I would never ask a dealership for a list of customers! Instead, what I have asked them is:

a) Hand out our info at the point of purchase. The customer can then decide if they want to contact us.
b) If the dealer so chooses, THEY can opt to mail our info to the customer. Again, we DO NOT have the customer contact info.

Hope this clarifies.
Old 09-19-2002, 02:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do understand your point and I also understand wanting to get as many people into your club as possible but you are missing a few points.
1 Dealerships are in business to generate profit and passing out brochures of this club increases that how?
2 Its hard enough to get sales people to sell accessories that we can offer let alone passing flyers out which will do nothing for the sales person.

Offer a sales person $20 for every club flyer they hand out and I will bet everyone who enters the dealership with know about it.

I am not trying to slam anyone here but you might have better luck trying to get a S2000 in orbit before you would get a sales person to hand out something for free.

Keep this club fun and exciting for its members, that is the best way to increase cars. Coming to Ganley Honda or another Dealerships is a great way to do just that.

Joe
Old 09-19-2002, 06:53 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Too bad the dealers down here don't care about the clubs. Not one has an interest on having a meet like you guys are having at Ganley.
Old 09-20-2002, 04:42 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SanMarinoCpe
[B]I do understand your point and I also understand wanting to get as many people into your club as possible but you are missing a few points.
1 Dealerships are in business to generate profit and passing out brochures of this club increases that how?
2 Its hard enough to get sales people to sell accessories that we can offer let alone passing flyers out which will do nothing for the sales person.

Offer a sales person $20 for every club flyer they hand out and I will bet everyone who enters the dealership with know about it.

I am not trying to slam anyone here but you might have better luck trying to get a S2000 in orbit before you would get a sales person to hand out something for free.

Keep this club fun and exciting for its members, that is the best way to increase cars. Coming to Ganley Honda or another Dealerships is a great way to do just that.