Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Need advice for changing car insurance, $$$$

Old 12-10-2006, 04:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice for changing car insurance, $$$$

Need some advice from the ohio crew. In the last 3 years i have had 2 speeding tickets(2003 and 2004), got a notice from my insurer, travelers, my rates were going up from $2800 per year for 4 cars to $4700. I almost flipped. The s4 is the primary and presently the porsche, s2k and a6 are on a pleasure type rate.

I need some advice, can i take a drivers school to lower my points and i need some names of some agents i can start getting quotes!! thanks.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:31 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I have insurance thru Progressive ;07 Accord , 03 S2000 and an 00 Accord

Mine is only 450 a half....I can't imagine 1400 or even 2350 a half
Old 12-10-2006, 06:44 AM

if you've got all those cars that shouldn't be a problem :-) I pay 1400 a year for my S and GTI , but then again i'm under 25
Old 12-10-2006, 06:46 AM

oh and FYI , points go towards suspensions , not towards insurance... so if you take a class you drop your points , but it's still on your record.... ohio is 2 years points stay on driving , 3 years on file , insurance looks upto 5 years , but will only find till 3 years. . . check out insurance.com just fill out a quick quote and then check whos cheapest from there and go.
Old 12-10-2006, 02:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd recommend Phil Dietz of Allstate. (614) 899-2886

Phil has been really good to us, doing everything he can to pull us into lower coverage categories (when we are border line). He lowered our coverage for the house, the car and other items. A no hassles guy that really does work for you to get you the best rates. I had State Farm for 10+ years with rates that only select customers had with this agent and when I quoted the State Farm agent Phil's numbers, his quote to me was "I can't touch those rates, if I were you, I'd do it." I did and since then have done quotes with Progressive and still found myself better off.

Good Luck and if you call, tell Phil Gary Barton said hello.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:19 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 148 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by imdarkrider,Dec 10 2006, 10:46 AM
oh and FYI , points go towards suspensions , not towards insurance... so if you take a class you drop your points , but it's still on your record.... ohio is 2 years points stay on driving , 3 years on file , insurance looks upto 5 years , but will only find till 3 years. . . check out insurance.com just fill out a quick quote and then check whos cheapest from there and go.
sounds like someone has done their research

check progressive.com..they do comparison rates as well.i think companies like insweb do too.

good luck...it's amazing how much difference carriers can be.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:59 AM

Call AAA.

They have office on Bethel Rd.
Her name is Niveen Abbas. 614-457-2614

They were about 40% cheaper than any other insurance company I talked to.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

State Farm doesn't take points into consideration unless you have had a license suspension (which in your case I doubt)...I was paying insane prices at Progressive because I had 8 points...once I got married I switched to Dani's carrier.

State Farm:
3 cars, full coverage, $250 deduct= apprx $450/6mo each, or apprx $2700 per year for all three cars.

....I also have my homeowner's with them.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:49 PM

Gary, I am also covered by Allstate and the agent is Phil Dietz. I will be dropping Allstate as soon as I recover all of my losses from the hail storm last October. All of the contractors who have come out to give estimates either laugh or wish me much luck recovering my loss with Allstate as the carrier. Of the eight houses on my street, three are covered by Allstate and everyone is having a problem with this company. It is one big cluster f as well as a game and not once has Phil called or written to see how the process was going. I have been covered by Allstate for over 25 years and this is my first claim and will be my last.

I have another adjuster coming out tomorrow because he just cannot believe the first adjuster missed the cedar fence, front porch and outside lighting. His comment on my voice mail was he did not understand the problem because a check was mailed. This company is totally clueless. There is much information on the net that explains the changes this company has gone through to keep the shareholders happy while giving the policy holders a hard time. Ed Claeys just fixed my son's car for the money AllState gave us as a favor because I have brought other cars to him for repair.

A true professional agent should earn his commission by at least checking on the people he is earning commission from. Phil's attitude has been do not bother me with the details but keep paying your premiums.

Fuking hail
Old 12-11-2006, 05:24 PM

Don't always go for the cheapest insurance, you get what you pay for. I've been with Geico for years now and they've been good to me. Even if I was late on a payment they didn't charge extra, and my rate has been good especially for having an sr22. They even recently lowered my rate and called me to let me know.
Shop around and see what will work best for you, no 2 insurance companies are the same.

Quick Reply: Need advice for changing car insurance, $$$$