Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ADD ME TO THE MAP TOO I LIVE OVER IN MONTVILLE 44064
Old 01-08-2013, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by s2k4play
Originally Posted by Minicoop19' timestamp='1357075322' post='22239949
[quote name='hmrn4gater15' timestamp='1357072694' post='22239913']
[quote name='Minicoop19' timestamp='1355446909' post='22209368']
I live in the Akron/Canton area (Green) and dont see ANY other S2k's around. Is there anyone out there!?!?!
Also, does anyone know of a carshow or any get-togethers that S2000 go to often
Thanks
Joe
I live right in the same area as you. Just got my S a few months ago. Theres always meetings Sunday nights at Quaker Steak and Lube starting in spring. If you need anyone to cruise around with I can always get a few people together! Would be cool to meet a few fellow S drivers
I just recently got my S as well... Is it the Quaker Steak and Lube at by Belden Village? Plus I wouldnt mind crusing around with some other S2000's.
[/quote]

I have been to the Quaker Steak with my S and you have to be careful, some of the people that go there really don't like imports. Last time I was there more than one person told me "No one wants to see a Jap car here so you should leave before something happens to your little car." I had been there a few times before and had lots of interest in the S and got some good comments. It was just the last few times I received many more negitive comments than positive ones and didn't feel comfortable leaving the car to go look around at the other cars. I still like to go and see the cars but I don't take the S anymore.
[/quote]

are you serious? i have never in 5-6 years ive been hanging around the car scene here ever heard of such a thing. Next time you hear that you come find me lol. I know 99% of people there and if they arent known, then they wont do anything to your car cuz they will have a shit storm up their ass
Old 01-08-2013, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by c130turboprop
heres a youngstown area guy!!! Mineral Ridge, OH (44440) to be exact... i'm doing a turbo build of my car right now... a couple before and after pics (white to wrinkle black engine bay) and the turbo kit pic as its not really a popular turbo kit (hp performance), my kit has a garrett gt35r turbo... my block is all torn down, complete oem overhaul on bottom end, oem headgasket, supertech valve train with titanium retainers and dual valve springs, fuseblock/eps module inside fender along with wiring on both sides, cruise control box in fender, puddymod stage 2 rear diff in works (not sure about clutch yet). turbo kit is used, ems had 2 tunes of 380 hp and 493 hp. previous owner had 3mm head gasket while everything else will be the same on my motor. so i'm going for 450+ still on my setup...

btw, has anyone ever have and experience with Smokey's Dyno in Akron??? I have talked to them and they say they are very comfortable with the ems and forced inducted s2k, but i have never gone there before. its tempting as its a lot closer than going to slowmotion motorsports....

also have a stock head for sale, no problems and 105,000 miles on it, i bought my new one so i dont need my old stock head...
yeah I know Brandon who is a co-owner of Smokey's. They do pretty solid work and are nice guys around the shop. To me, getting a good tune is WELL worth the drive. Trailered my SRT4 7 hours to NC for the best tuner around for that specific car, and I don't regret it at all. Made 590hp/540tq
Old 01-08-2013, 06:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i completely agree with you about getting a good tune, afterall, it protects your motor and all the work you put into it. but i'm all about trying to stay local too, lol... that way if something happens, its easier to communicate and have things re-evaluated.... but thanks for your input on those guys, i think i may give them a try when i'm ready for that part of my build...
Old 01-08-2013, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by WRKLS
ADD ME TO THE MAP TOO I LIVE OVER IN MONTVILLE 44064
The map is in a new topic... Please go to "***North East Ohio Owners Map***"
Old 01-08-2013, 06:10 PM

i completely agree with you about getting a good tune, afterall, it protects your motor and all the work you put into it. but i'm all about trying to stay local too, lol... that way if something happens, its easier to communicate and have things re-evaluated.... but thanks for your input on those guys, i think i may give them a try when i'm ready for that part of my build...
good luck with your 450+ goal and your build, im eager to see how it turns out. we dont have a single S around here that i have seen that has power like that
Old 01-08-2013, 06:12 PM

anyone know this guy http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/3528456267.html ??? hes just on the other side of the border from us.....
Old 01-08-2013, 06:15 PM

looks like a nice car
Old 01-08-2013, 06:16 PM

heres a youngstown area guy!!! Mineral Ridge, OH (44440) to be exact... i'm doing a turbo build of my car right now... a couple before and after pics (white to wrinkle black engine bay) and the turbo kit pic as its not really a popular turbo kit (hp performance), my kit has a garrett gt35r turbo... my block is all torn down, complete oem overhaul on bottom end, oem headgasket, supertech valve train with titanium retainers and dual valve springs, fuseblock/eps module inside fender along with wiring on both sides, cruise control box in fender, puddymod stage 2 rear diff in works (not sure about clutch yet). turbo kit is used, ems had 2 tunes of 380 hp and 493 hp. previous owner had 3mm head gasket while everything else will be the same on my motor. so i'm going for 450+ still on my setup...

btw, has anyone ever have and experience with Smokey's Dyno in Akron??? I have talked to them and they say they are very comfortable with the ems and forced inducted s2k, but i have never gone there before. its tempting as its a lot closer than going to slowmotion motorsports....

also have a stock head for sale, no problems and 105,000 miles on it, i bought my new one so i dont need my old stock head...
Wow... cant wait to see it in real life.
You're going to drive it, right?
Old 01-08-2013, 06:19 PM

of course i'm gonna drive it, lol.. its what its for... dont really have a for sure done date set... i hope by summer, at least by mid summer... i'll keep yall updated for sure

Quick Reply: NE Ohio S2k Owners