Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

NE Ohio S2k Owners

Old 01-08-2013, 07:03 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hmrn4gater15
Originally Posted by c130turboprop' timestamp='1357700834' post='22254703
i completely agree with you about getting a good tune, afterall, it protects your motor and all the work you put into it. but i'm all about trying to stay local too, lol... that way if something happens, its easier to communicate and have things re-evaluated.... but thanks for your input on those guys, i think i may give them a try when i'm ready for that part of my build...
good luck with your 450+ goal and your build, im eager to see how it turns out. we dont have a single S around here that i have seen that has power like that
The only reason I dont have some 600hp s2k.. Is bc a1000rr.. Is what it is
N thats my fast toy
Old 01-08-2013, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Minicoop19
There are 4 S2000's within a 5 mile radius of my house
Lets capitalize on that
you know im in!
Old 01-25-2013, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by c130turboprop' timestamp='1357700834' post='22254703
i completely agree with you about getting a good tune, afterall, it protects your motor and all the work you put into it. but i'm all about trying to stay local too, lol... that way if something happens, its easier to communicate and have things re-evaluated.... but thanks for your input on those guys, i think i may give them a try when i'm ready for that part of my build...
good luck with your 450+ goal and your build, im eager to see how it turns out. we dont have a single S around here that i have seen that has power like that

Where are you located ?! going for 600 in spring. At 510 right now. (Boardman)
Old 01-25-2013, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by c130turboprop
heres a youngstown area guy!!! Mineral Ridge, OH (44440) to be exact... i'm doing a turbo build of my car right now... a couple before and after pics (white to wrinkle black engine bay) and the turbo kit pic as its not really a popular turbo kit (hp performance), my kit has a garrett gt35r turbo... my block is all torn down, complete oem overhaul on bottom end, oem headgasket, supertech valve train with titanium retainers and dual valve springs, fuseblock/eps module inside fender along with wiring on both sides, cruise control box in fender, puddymod stage 2 rear diff in works (not sure about clutch yet). turbo kit is used, ems had 2 tunes of 380 hp and 493 hp. previous owner had 3mm head gasket while everything else will be the same on my motor. so i'm going for 450+ still on my setup...

btw, has anyone ever have and experience with Smokey's Dyno in Akron??? I have talked to them and they say they are very comfortable with the ems and forced inducted s2k, but i have never gone there before. its tempting as its a lot closer than going to slowmotion motorsports....

also have a stock head for sale, no problems and 105,000 miles on it, i bought my new one so i dont need my old stock head...

I have has friends go to smokeys. Some happy. Some not. Not going to bash them on here or anything cause I don't feel that it's right. But I do have a few stories.

Sewell is in Youngstown. Expert tuner from Florida who moved up here months ago. Has tuned my car a few times. As well as a few boosted s2ks around here and a crazy amount in Frlorida. People used to fly him across the US to tune their cars. And still do back to Florida all the time.

Everything is in the tune. Including helping to save your drive train
Old 01-25-2013, 05:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mineral ridge yo!!! love seeing others near by
Old 01-25-2013, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by jpetch05
Originally Posted by c130turboprop' timestamp='1357693679' post='22254488
heres a youngstown area guy!!! Mineral Ridge, OH (44440) to be exact... i'm doing a turbo build of my car right now... a couple before and after pics (white to wrinkle black engine bay) and the turbo kit pic as its not really a popular turbo kit (hp performance), my kit has a garrett gt35r turbo... my block is all torn down, complete oem overhaul on bottom end, oem headgasket, supertech valve train with titanium retainers and dual valve springs, fuseblock/eps module inside fender along with wiring on both sides, cruise control box in fender, puddymod stage 2 rear diff in works (not sure about clutch yet). turbo kit is used, ems had 2 tunes of 380 hp and 493 hp. previous owner had 3mm head gasket while everything else will be the same on my motor. so i'm going for 450+ still on my setup...

btw, has anyone ever have and experience with Smokey's Dyno in Akron??? I have talked to them and they say they are very comfortable with the ems and forced inducted s2k, but i have never gone there before. its tempting as its a lot closer than going to slowmotion motorsports....

also have a stock head for sale, no problems and 105,000 miles on it, i bought my new one so i dont need my old stock head...

I have has friends go to smokeys. Some happy. Some not. Not going to bash them on here or anything cause I don't feel that it's right. But I do have a few stories.

Sewell is in Youngstown. Expert tuner from Florida who moved up here months ago. Has tuned my car a few times. As well as a few boosted s2ks around here and a crazy amount in Frlorida. People used to fly him across the US to tune their cars. And still do back to Florida all the time.

Let me expand on this... Smokey's does solid work. I mean Brandon tunes Bentley's, Maserati's, etc... but WHY DO PEOPLE WANNA TAKE THEIR CAR TO A GENERIC SHOP!? I would only ever take my SRT to a shop that does SRTs, or my S to a shop that does Hondas. You start to run into the 50/50 crowd of happiness for a shop when they dont specialize in a specific platform. Just my .02. Jpetch 600hp is just ridiculous, I wanna see your car when its done. We really need to have a meet or get something going when its not a blizzard outside like it is now haha. I have a good friend who is associated with a Subaru club and they get a good turn out, we could always meet up with them sometime too!
Old 01-25-2013, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by jpetch05' timestamp='1359123240' post='22291913
[quote name='c130turboprop' timestamp='1357693679' post='22254488']

Let me expand on this... Smokey's does solid work. I mean Brandon tunes Bentley's, Maserati's, etc... but WHY DO PEOPLE WANNA TAKE THEIR CAR TO A GENERIC SHOP!? I would only ever take my SRT to a shop that does SRTs, or my S to a shop that does Hondas. You start to run into the 50/50 crowd of happiness for a shop when they dont specialize in a specific platform. Just my .02. Jpetch 600hp is just ridiculous, I wanna see your car when its done. We really need to have a meet or get something going when its not a blizzard outside like it is now haha. I have a good friend who is associated with a Subaru club and they get a good turn out, we could always meet up with them sometime too!
[/quote]

Haha yeah it's done on pump right now. I'm just wating for my e85 tune. Gota meet up !

Attachment 196799

Attachment 196800

But Tom is by no means generic. I have a few smokeys horror stories.

Talk to Tom and asked what he has tuned and where he has been. People fly him to Canada and pay for him to stay and tune their race cars.

Everyone classifies Tom as a Honda expert. He just hates to be classified that way because he can tune any car. Read around online. But everyone else calls him a Honda expert as well. I wouldn't let anyone else touch my car. He walks you through the tune. Tells you what's up.

Go read the other post. A gentleman came down from Cleveland on a 500+ sc s2000 and had Tom tune it. He will tell you all about it and about Tom and how his tune is.

Just my 2
Old 01-25-2013, 07:21 AM

I wasnt referencing Tom, I dont know the guy lol. Just saying shops like Smokey's where they say they can tune or build any car. Thats when you get customers looking for specifics things for their specific car and if the shop doesnt know all the ins and outs of that car, things might get overlooked. Tom sounds like an awesome tuner! your car looks freaking bad ass man, I bet it even looks better in person! what manifold is that (AFI/FR?) and what turbo etc? If you dont wanna broadcast the specifics you can PM me I think I spy a turbosmart race port bov? I had one on my SRT and loved it! Great choice
Old 01-25-2013, 07:26 AM

That was my old Garrett. Right now I have the Borg fmw the 62. Yes it's the AFI Manifold. Ford 8.8 rear end. DSS axles and drive shaft. Dual pump setup. Umm. Ferrea valve train.

Just a ton of shit haha
Old 01-25-2013, 07:29 AM

you suck. i hate you. my cars stock. im not worthy. yes bad sentence structure. frustration. haha. great work and awesome turbo selection

Quick Reply: NE Ohio S2k Owners