Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Mod Stock Intake Box...? And other Mod q's

Old 10-30-2006, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mod Stock Intake Box...? And other Mod q's

Hey Guys i have a few questions that i need yall to clear up!

I have had a B-Series for the past 3 years, and moding those was alot easier and cheaper than moding the S, and i have been used to putting an Intake/Exhaust on and not really noticing a big difference but on a tune- actully seeing the results. Now from what i have read on H-T, it has been mixed emotions/opinions. So Please clear up a few questions so that i can have a clear view on where to spend my money and what exactly to buy so i dont waist any money.

My Plan: Is to do Intake/Header. J's Racing Throttle Body/ J's Intake or ARC. But from what i have been told about intakes is with ARC and J's its all about Bling factor- So will i see any results with going with a AEM v1/v2 compaired to a J's or ARC. Will theyre be anydifference one compaired to another. Because for now im going to get a Drop In Green filter and get a CF cooling plate and remove the baffling out from under the stock intake. Now will the J's Racing TB help me in anyways or should i port match a Intake Mani so that it will be a straight threw design. (Fowler Racing Ports intake mani's for 100$ and Up). Then lets say i have I/H/E what will i get to acutlly tune for this power? I have heard of everyone using a VAFC2. Which i had a VAFC on my b16 hatch before and i hated it. I decided to upgrade to a hondata s200 and have SloMo tune the car and didnt gain any power but the power was smoothed out and the car got better gas mailage ( which was nice). Other than the Apexi controller is there anyother piggyback systems worth getting? Also should i invest in a AEM Uego after doing I/H/E because i heave heard that the car will want to run lean with those mods ( Off of HT).

Suspension: The S has Tein Stec springs on it allready, but those dont lower the car enough nor are they tight enough. Im not a corenring kinda guy, but i want to have some okay suspension so i can go up the the dragon and cruise with everyone next year, and still be able to tear it up. I heard that the Tein Type-Flex's arent good for only lowering the car and you dont get much handeling capabilites out of the car for the money( also heard of HT) So what kind of suspensio should i do? I also heard that MEGAN racing makes a decient coil set up for the s2k- how do those compair to tein? Also what kind of sway bars/Strut bars are needed?

Wheels and tires: The S has stock wheels on it right now which i will have all winter and im going to NTB tom to pick out/research winter tires because this is my daily driver and i want to be semi okay with a RWD car this winter. Now i wont be driving the car if we get 4+ inches of snow and when the whole city shuts down. But what kind of tires should i buy? Also since this car is RWD what wheels look the best, Now i dont want to be that guy with the same wheels as everyone else (guy with clean hatch with slip streams) i want to be different/clean and have a nice dish to go alot with it.

Alignment: Is there such thing as a Winter alignment- If so does anyone have an reccomended specs? Remeber the car is on Tein STechs.

I know this is alot of stuff, but it will help me out alot if a few of you answer these questions! Thanks again i really appreciate it

TITUS
Old 10-31-2006, 01:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have much to say about your power mods or suspension mods, but I can comment on winter driving.

I am using Dunlop Winter Sport M3's on stock sized ASA wheels. Many people also use the Blizzak WS-50 or LM22/25 combo. The WS-50 will give you the best snow traction, but at the expense of dry road driving. I drove on the Sport M3's last year and had no issues. I also didn't change any alignment settings.

Someone much more knowledgeable then I can go into detail on all of the intake & exhaust questions.

Dan
Old 10-31-2006, 03:08 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TitusS2k,Oct 30 2006, 08:23 PM
... So Please clear up a few questions so that i can have a clear view on where to spend my money and what exactly to buy so i dont waist any money.

TITUS
If you have the time read thru this it is very interesting.....https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=336978