Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Jay Honda Importfest - AFTER PARTY

Old 05-23-2010, 06:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jay Honda Importfest - AFTER PARTY

I have added a new twist to the car show / charity event this year - a after party. This will only work if we get enough people to attend - here are the details I have so far. I actually have an official meeting on Thursday to finalize everything. The party will be in the bar area of Quaker Steak and Lube in Valley View. The location is about 10mins from JaY Honda and a stones throw away from Rt.77. The idea is to have a reserved / roped off area to park and display the cars and finger food inside. I will be talking to the manager about drink specials as well. If this works out well - it will become a yearly way to end the evening.

The problem we have had with going to the Bedford Strawberry Festival is that once your there - your stuck to 11pm. I appreciate very much the people who attend our show from all over Ohio and the surrounding states - but I also understand they have a long drive home. The idea behind this party is to allow the out off towners a chance to grab a bite to eat, have a few drinks, show off their cars and still have the ability to leave when they want. Please let me know if any of you are interested in this idea and if you will be attending. My guess is that it will go from like 5 to 9 or so - but you can leave whenever you want.

Also check the Jay Honda Importfest thread to see updates on the items for the raffle.

Like always if anybody has any ideas on how to make the event or party better - PM me.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:41 PM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

In previous years, having Anika there has precluded me from doing anything for any length of time after the show, so I never went to the strawberry festival. This we might be up for, for at least a little while.

JonasM
Old 05-27-2010, 06:32 AM

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

I could stay for a while also, especially 'cause I heard Mocky is buying first round
Old 05-29-2010, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AFTER PARTY UPDATE:

Here is the news on the after party. I have locked up Quaker Steak and Lube in Valley View. We will have the outside patio area (with overhang) from 5 to ? . We have as many reserved (blocked off spots as we need and there will be drink and food specials. We will have $10 buckets of beers (5 beers) in Coors Light, Bud and Bud Light and there will be $3.25 large draft specails as well. I will be be helping out with some of the appitizer orders. I don't know how much I will have to spend but I will pay for a lot of food. I hope this post show event is a hit so we can do it again next year - if it's not then this will be a one year thing.

I think it would be cool for everybody to hang out for a bit before the drive home. Let me know if there is ideas that you have that could make the night better. Thanks