Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Issue at Mid-Ohio today

Old 08-09-2010, 03:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that there was a lot of confusion about access to the parking area. As far as the gate goes, a sign stating that the area was restricted to S2KI members only might have helped those working it and made the public aware that they could not enter. A wrist band might have helped the volunteers recognize us easier and helped to deal with the "why did that guy get to go in there" thing.

I think that another problem was that there was no one restricting acces from the stairs on the other side of the area, so people were able to come through that way and then were frustrated when they coudn't come back through.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:57 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 148 Likes on 119 Posts

Camron..I like the idea of a special pass but making a special pass for 60 really isn't going to happen and people there won't care if there is a sign in front of the door that says s2ki or not... I saw people going into Indy and Firestone hospitality tents and taking stuff even though they didn't belong in there on several occasions...

Here's the thing....

I saw people who shouldn't be allowed in there just bully their way in.. so when you follow right after them, you can't be totally surprised if they are a bit abrasive...

I went through that enterance probably more than most of you, if not all of you over the course of three days..

Steps: Say Hello
Point to car
Show the keys.

Walk in..

Simple as that... The people on Sunday were very hospitable and they were kind enough to even watch my hardtop during the parade lap.

Remember, these people are volunteers... they don't get paid to stand in the sun and direct traffic over and over.... I wouldn't be surprised if for 2011 they either remove us completely from the area or make us go in through the other door (which would be a major nuissance)...

Anyway, I hope Indy Car and Mid Ohio provide this opportunity again next year.. Let's not make the actions of a few ruin it for all of us.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Mocky,Aug 9 2010, 04:57 AM
The people on Sunday were very hospitable and they were kind enough to even watch my hardtop during the parade lap.

They were either laughing with you. Or at you.

They are still laughing. I think at you.

At least you remembered your nice little cover.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:38 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA..

that's great...

The lady was hilarious (and not just because she wanted to use it to sled down the hill ).....and oh, she also did see that one of us (name not mentioned.. from Indiana ) forgot his nice digital SLR on the roof of his car. She spotted it and put it in his car for him.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:03 AM

Moto, you're probably right about the sign and the wrist bands. People just don't seem to care.

Either way, I thought that the volunteers did a great job. Dealing with the public isn't easy and they were very nice to me each time I came and went.

I hope the folks at Mid Ohio understand how greatful we are for all of the opertuinties that they have provided for us.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:10 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by vtec ftw,Aug 9 2010, 11:03 AM

I hope the folks at Mid Ohio understand how greatful we are for all of the opertuinties that they have provided for us.
Totally agree...

Looking forward already to 2011...It was great seeing everyone again as well..I loved that we had a central location for all of us to park
Old 08-09-2010, 02:55 PM

Received 263 Likes on 88 Posts

Everything is good and the powers-that-be at the track stated our group was "first class". I guess she doesn't know us very well....