Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Issue at Mid-Ohio today

Old 08-07-2010, 02:55 PM

Received 263 Likes on 88 Posts
Thumbs down Issue at Mid-Ohio today

It was brought to my attention that someone (two people, actually) were being very rude, assholes, to the two women who were working the gate at our car corral because they stopped you from entering. First of all, these folks are volunteers and they don’t know you (or me or any of us) from anyone else in the crowd. They are there as a courtesy of the track to keep too many folks from just walking around our cars. Mid-Ohio can just as easily let us park in the dirt somewhere out back, or not extend this courtesy at all. Each and every time I walk into the corral, they stop me and I tell them I’m with the S2000 club. If they asked to see my key, I would have ZERO PROBLEM WITH THIS. And you should to.

I’m making this public, but leaving your name out of it. Everyone needs to know that behavior like this is completely unacceptable.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:22 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 148 Likes on 119 Posts

I also was told about an incident this afternoon by the two volunteers who were kind enough to man the gate for us.

We are very fortunate that we are able to park there and participate in this event. Don't be a dickhead and ruin it for all of us.

Please be courteous to the volunteers. Walk up,, show them your keys if you need to.

Thanks. See everyone tomorrow.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That ain't right! Whatever any of us do, reflex on all of us.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:30 PM

I thought they did a great job and were always very courteous when we came to the gate.

And since when have any of us been hesitant to flash our keys?
Old 08-07-2010, 09:20 PM

heh, that really is crappy - the nice grassy area you guys were in was far better than the main entrance parking which I dealt with!
Old 08-08-2010, 03:22 PM

That is areal shame all the girls that worked the gates all weekend where really nice.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:11 PM
UCP

Hey, I wanted to address this. Pete was told that I was the one being an asshole, I would like to state for the record that I did no such thing.

I know I'm new and none of you really know me well enough, but I'm not that kind of person, to be honest I wish I could be less polite than I am.

I had a great time, sorry someone couldn't keep from biting the hand that feeds them, but I can tell you 100%, I did no such thing.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:35 PM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

She acted gumpy toward me, and I completely understood why because all of the non-S2k public were bothering her and arguing with her constantly. I (and lots of others) didn't want to bother her any more so we all walked around instead of though her gate.

She told me I wasn't allowed to come though even though I pointed out which car was mine.

I'm sure it was all just a mis-understanding, I cannot see Jason doing such a thing either.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:35 PM
UCP

Pete, in my PM I said I hadn't gone to the gate, Jess told me that her and I walked up to the gate and were told we had to go to the other entrance. I don't even remember what time it was. If it was around five thirty it would make more sense. Jess and I got to the corral early to meet Aaron around 6.

We got in my car and I let it run with the AC on. While we were sitting there two guys with cameras walked up and got turned away, but they were looked like they were talking to them for a while, but this definitely would have been closer to six.

I don't know Pete, maybe whoever saw me walk up to the gate, but I assure you I wasn't a dick to them, I please and thank you people to death. I saw people getting turned away from that gate everytime I passed it.

Anyway, thanks again for putting the whole thing together, I had a great time, so did Jess. I'd lovemto do it again next year, mid-Ohio was my favorite event of the year.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:44 AM
UCP

All,

I've decided that since my memory doesn't seem reliable I would like to just apologize anyway. I still maintain that the behavior sounds extremely out of character for me.

Thank you all fir the great time this year, I will attend again, but I'll come on my own. Sorry to all involved that I couldn't represent the group better.

Jason

Quick Reply: Issue at Mid-Ohio today