Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

The Honda Chronicles

Old 11-09-2009, 07:11 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 148 Likes on 119 Posts

it looks like it's trying to be an X6 but with a Civic butt..

Old 11-09-2009, 12:49 PM

Received 263 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott Evil,Nov 9 2009, 10:42 AM
^^but still ugly nontheless?
yep, unless you compare it to its Acura stablemate
Old 11-10-2009, 05:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pgarratt,Nov 9 2009, 04:49 PM
yep, unless you compare it to its Acura stablemate
Old 11-21-2009, 07:13 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

TORRANCE, Calif., November 20, 2009 -

The all-new 2010 ZDX four-door sports coupe is set to go on-sale at Acura dealerships on December 15 with a manufacturers suggested retail price (MSRP) starting at $45,495, plus a destination and handling charge* of $810, Acura announced today.

Designed, developed and manufactured in North America, the ZDX has already generated a tremendous amount of excitement since its world debut at the New York Auto Show in April, thanks to its stunning coupe-like styling combined with flexible utility, a commanding presence and outstanding performance.

"Acura dealers are seeing strong interest from customers for the ZDX well before its official on-sale date," said Jeff Conrad, vice president of Acura sales. "The ZDX is like nothing you have ever seen before from Acura."

The ZDX will be available in three trim packages, the well-equipped ZDX; ZDX with Technology Package; and the ZDX with Advance Package. Highlights of standard features on the ZDX include the world's longest panoramic glass roof, concealed rear door handles, and a hand-stitched leather dash, center console and door panels. Powering every ZDX is a 3.7-liter VTEC® V-6 that generates 300 horsepower and 270 lb-ft of torque while achieving a class-leading EPA-rated city/highway fuel economy of 16/23 mpg**. Standard on every ZDX is Acura's exclusive Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD®) system that provides outstanding handling as well as excellent all-season capability.

The ZDX with Technology Package adds an Acura Navigation System with Voice Recognition™, AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic™ with Traffic Rerouting™, AcuraLink Real-Time Weather™ with radar image maps, a full VGA display screen and an innovative new multi-view rear camera. Additionally, the Technology Package includes an upgraded Acura/ELS Surround® 415-watt Premium Audio System with a built-in 15-gigabyte hard disk drive (HDD) media storage system (that allows the ZDX owner to download and store up to 3,500 songs***), a GPS-linked, solar-sensing, dual-zone automatic climate control system and Keyless Access System (with Smart Entry and push button ignition).

In addition to the features found in the Technology Package, the Advance Package adds several premium technologies including a new blind spot information system (BSI), Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Collision Mitigating Braking System™ (CMBS™), an Integrated Dynamic System (IDS) active damper system, heated and ventilated front seats with Perforated Milano Premium Leather seating surfaces, premium brushed tricot headliner material and a sport steering wheel.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:54 AM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

We have been stressing about the ZDX for several months on Acurazine....which has turned into Acurahatezine lately as Dave Marek's design team uglifies the entire Acura lineup.

As far as the ZDX:
The bad: yuck on the outside.

The good:
--the interior is damned near perfect.
--we Honda fans finally have a 6-speed automatic.
--smart decision to use MDX parts so each ZDX sale is at a profit for Acura, which is in sore need of profits.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by neuronbob,Nov 21 2009, 02:54 PM
--smart decision to use MDX parts so each ZDX sale is at a profit for Acura, which is in sore need of profits.
and an identity
and some talented designers
and some enthusiast spirit
and a product that could be the next Integra
and some sense to drop the turbo powertrain from the RDX into the TSX
Old 11-21-2009, 01:47 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think I just puked in my mouth. I don't know which is uglier, this or the Accord wagon thing. I give Acura 24 months of life support. Acura dealers are pissed since they have been told no new highline product ( after huge dealer investment to compete with said highline) and that Acura no longer wants to compete with rear wheel drive or the European imports. What a waste of a brand. At this point they could merge Honda and Acura. Bring back the Legend coupe with red exterior, tan interior and a six speed! That car was better then anything they have now.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:41 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

.....and you see another reason I switched to Cadillac after owning three Acuras. Well, mostly I switched because I wanted to try a hi-po muscle/sport luxury car for a while before they disappear/are priced out of the range of mere mortals under the new CAFE rules.

If Acura doesn't screw up the next RL, all will be forgiven and I will likely be an Acura owner again. They can start by giving its real name back.....Legend. Then they can fire/demote Dave Marek. Then they can update the classic Legend style that won Acura accolades in the luxury world in the early 90's. It worked for GM and Ford with the Camaro and Mustang, why can't it work for Acura? it'll bring back the old enthusiasts like me.

If the RL is screwed up along with the other current Acuras that have already been screwed up (other than the TSX, well-executed)....then I agree, Honda might as well shut down Acura and concentrate on what they are good at--making super-reliable, ULEV, great mileage daily driver transport for the masses. Acura is frighteningly close to irrelevance right now as its sales are dropping more than other luxury makes.....

So sad to see this as a 20-year Honda/Acura owner and 25-year Honda enthusiast....
Old 11-21-2009, 05:47 PM

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

[QUOTE=david1,Nov 21 2009, 02:47 PM]I think I just puked in my mouth.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:20 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Acura is nothing more now than regurgitated Accord variants

The Integra and later the RSX was a regurgitated Civic variant

Only the NSX was the only unique product to the Acura line-up and American Honda let that die in 2005.

There will never be another NSX

There will never be another Integra Type-R

......and until they do something unique once again to the Acura line-up there will never be an Acura in my garage

Quick Reply: The Honda Chronicles