Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Has Honda Lost It's Way?

Old 12-21-2010, 06:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arrrrrrrrgh, my Three Series is swell! Blah blah blah.....sorry, had to do my Dave impression.

I still like the Civic and the Accord Coupe. I think a SH-AWD version would be nice. Don't get me started on Acura. Good god those things are ugly. i Do like my BMW 335XI. So far no complaints, but I do think there are many cars out there that i would enjoy just as much at a cheaper price....i just didn't want to test the quality of unproven car right now. The Honda line up needs something new. How about a Mugen Mini Van? I'd be down for that.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:53 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Scott Evil,Dec 20 2010, 03:31 PM
I am sure that makes him feel so much better.
Cheap and Frugal is the new black. Popeye was just way ahead of his time
Old 12-21-2010, 06:28 PM

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Popeye is black? I don't think so!
Old 12-22-2010, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Scooterboy,Dec 21 2010, 10:28 PM
Popeye is black? I don't think so!
I would say he smells like poo-brown.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:36 AM

Working closely with Honda. I am disappointed that they put a lot of effort in SUV and Mini vans. Don't get me wrong the Odyssey is the best van out there. You should see the things we do to that van.

They have the technology and best engineers out there! They test better than the competitors.

The ZDX would be a great Nissan GTR killer if they would have made it into a car instead of an SUV! The Honda 3.7 motor is one of the smoothest and powerful engine Honda have made. I would drop that in my NSX.

Did you guys know that the Magnetic shocks found on the ZDX can be found in the Ferrari Enzo and the Corvette ZR-1!.

I think it's time to fire the design group and start fresh. Go back to the roots and go back to the double wishbone suspension that honda is known for. Stop being like BMW! If I want a BMW i'll buy a BMW. I want a Honda. Be Honda!!
Old 12-24-2010, 04:00 AM

So speaking of Have Honda lost it's way. Recalls after recalls did not help the company either. Here is a new one:

So Pete have your Accord check.

Honda has announced another round of recalls for the 2011 Accord. Both the coupe and sedan, along with the 2011 Pilot, have been discovered to be susceptible to a failure in the front suspension. According to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration, the bolts that attach the front dampers to the suspension may not have been properly tightened.

In addition, the spindle nuts on the Pilot and Accord V6 may be loose as well, and both issues could cause a loss of steering. NHTSA says that 10,823 units are impacted by the recall. That number joins the 9,300 Accord and CR-V models that are currently being investigated for possible oil leaks due to an improperly cast portion of the engine.

According to USA Today, the newest problem is due to a malfunction in the software that controls the machines that tighten bolts at the factory. Dealers will inspect and replace the damper bolts and spindle nuts if necessary free of charge, and owners can expect to be notified as soon as December 23, 2010. Hit the jump to have a look at the recall notice for yourself.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:48 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by zenracer,Dec 23 2010, 01:36 PM
Working closely with Honda. I am disappointed that they put a lot of effort in SUV and Mini vans. Don't get me wrong the Odyssey is the best van out there. You should see the things we do to that van.

They have the technology and best engineers out there! They test better than the competitors.

The ZDX would be a great Nissan GTR killer if they would have made it into a car instead of an SUV! The Honda 3.7 motor is one of the smoothest and powerful engine Honda have made. I would drop that in my NSX.

Did you guys know that the Magnetic shocks found on the ZDX can be found in the Ferrari Enzo and the Corvette ZR-1!.

I think it's time to fire the design group and start fresh. Go back to the roots and go back to the double wishbone suspension that honda is known for. Stop being like BMW! If I want a BMW i'll buy a BMW. I want a Honda. Be Honda!!
Technology aside, the passion or fun is gone. I'm not knocking the what Honda does best, the people movers... but they used to also have a little fun. I look at my Civic Si and it amazes me that that is all there is left.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:37 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I think the fun cars will come back when the world and U.S. economy are back on solid footing. Hopefully we won't have a "lost decade" (or two) like Japan.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:16 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by zenracer,Dec 23 2010, 01:36 PM

So why not do that with the TL since it is offered in a V6 AWD platform ?

Acura needs to absorbed into the Honda structure and go away

RL=waste..kill it
ZDX= Crosstour.....kill them both with fire
TL=Accord...make it a sub-model
TSX=Accord......keep the wagon only
MDX=Pilot......make it a sub-model
RDX=CR-V........make it a sub-model

There trim out 7 half-assed models and make all Honda dealerships stronger

Old 12-26-2010, 10:02 AM

I can't agree with you guys more. Why do you think my only Honda product on my stable are an Acura NSX and a Honda S2000. I hve since bought STI , M3, Cayman S and Mini Cooper S.

Quick Reply: Has Honda Lost It's Way?