Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Hardtop in or around Columbus? Please Help!

Old 10-19-2006, 06:43 AM
Former Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It quiets the car down inside so much you can hear all the creaks, rattle and squeaks!!!

It takes a little adjustment to get it right but david1 and I both have experience with that. I had to adjust my rear latches on the hardtop and fully adjust my windows because the glass would hit the trim. My top has never leaked.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. There are enough adjustments available to get it right.

The hardtop will become more and more rare for these cars. Mine is Spa yellow and they quit making these almost two years ago. So i jumped at the chance when a used one became avalaible. Too bad this wasn't a few months ago. Rogue sold his Suzuka blue one.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:07 AM

welcome to the family... don't get too addicted you'll never leave even when you get a new car like many of the people on here
Old 10-19-2006, 07:09 AM

Sunday is cool. I PM'd you my cell number.

Rich (Ubetit) pretty much summed up the hardtop. I will also add that it improves mileage and the A/C is very effective--although I didn't use the HT much this year until I put it on a couple weeks ago.

Jeff (hardtopguy) installed mine and it was a non-event. It is simple to adjust if you know how to do it. I have a small air leak behind my left ear, but that is only because I have not adjusted the seal yet.

For about $50 you can build a stand for the top out of PVC. I have to help david1 build his, I can help you with yours too. Rich had a pully system in his garage which is another option too.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:05 AM

My HT is nice and quiet, and no leaks. As everyone said, it is fairly adjustable, and it is easy enough to put on/take off with two people.
Much quieter in the car, and makes it really a more plesant daily 130-mile commute to Dayton and back. I'm *really* glad I got my HT! Also, it make the car look so different is it like having two cars in one.

Welcome, and good luck in your decision, Nala.

Dave
Old 10-19-2006, 09:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's getting cold outside and my hardtop is on now. Its a good change in looks for the car and you should be happy with it. I can only stand using the hardtop for this part of the season though, when it gets warm enough, it's coming off. The first think you'll notice if you are used to daily driving, which I do with mine, is at locations in traffic where more noise used to come in to the cabin will be much quieter. I noticed this the first time I drove my car to work. In the driver's seat, you will also appreciate the great visibility you have due to the wider glass window of the hardtop. Besides these two things, it's just nice to change it up a bit. I like seeing the S2000 in coupe form without the softtop wrinkles. It adds that extra paint job that you can wax and get the lights to reflect off of

Good luck on your decision.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:59 AM

Thanks again, folks! We've pretty much decided to get it, just wanted to confirm that there were no major drawbacks which it doesn't sound like there are. We'll probably have the hardtop guy install ours as well. Makes me a lot more comfortable to know there are a lot of good people around to help out if something were to go wrong (leaks, rattles, whatever...)

Thanks, Scott, for the phone number - I'll give you a call sometime Saturday to setup a time that works for you on Sunday.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:54 AM

For those of you that use a HT during the winter months, have you noticed any abnormal wear on the soft-top from having it folded during the cold time of year? I would think the sharp creases when folded and cold temps would not mix too well, but I haven't heard any negative feedback on that issue.

Thanks,
Dan
Old 10-23-2006, 07:09 PM

So, Nala, did you get to check out an HT-equipped car, and what were your impressions?

Dave
Old 10-23-2006, 07:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SheDrivesIt,Oct 18 2006, 05:34 PM
I didn't know you had a hard top

looks like i've been rubbing off on you
Old 10-24-2006, 04:04 AM

I met Alan and Mary on Sunday. Nice people! I think HTG is about to get an order for a Suzuka top.

Quick Reply: Hardtop in or around Columbus? Please Help!