Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

H.A.R.T. wins Daytona S/T class

Old 01-29-2006, 07:12 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default H.A.R.T. wins Daytona S/T class

Honda of America Race Team won it's class (ST)in Daytona in a race prepped Honda Accord

Excellent work guys

Old 01-29-2006, 07:16 AM
JHo

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thank you Popeye. It was a good day for us on the track. We worked our asses off, and it showed.

Also, congrats to Dave Roush on his first professional win of his career. If you ever get instruction and Mid-Ohio, use him. He is the man.

As one of the Turner drivers said to his crew while in front, "Here comes my mom's Accord again!"
Old 01-29-2006, 07:21 AM

ROUSH AND SCHMITT DRIVE HONDA ACCORD TO ST CLASS WIN

With 88 cars on the track, and over half of them in a faster class, surviving the Grand-Am Cup 200 in the Street Tuner class can be considered a victory. But for John Schmitt and Dave Roush, taking the class win in the No. 92 Red Line Oil/HART Honda Accord is much more impressive.

Schmitt--a six-time Grand-Am Cup class race winner--qualified the No. 92 machine fourth in class, and avoided the trouble caused by numerous cars spinning off-track to hand the car to Roush with a chance to win.

"I've won a few races in the Grand-Am Cup, but it feels good to win here in Daytona," said Schmitt. "There were a lot of cars out there, but as long as I could stay out of trouble and pick my positions, I knew I could give the car to Dave with a chance to win."

Roush's stint was a little more dramatic, and as the large field began to spread out across the 3.56-mile, 14-turn circuit, not many cars could avoid trading paint with others. With less than five laps remaining, Roush was involved in an incident where two cars in front of him made side-to-side contact and slowed, leaving Roush little room to maneuver. However, the leading car avoided major contact, and only incurred minimal damage to its left-front fender, before speeding off still at the front of the class pack.

"This is my first win in Grand-Am Cup," said Roush. "It took a lot of energy to keep the car out of trouble today, and Jack was able to do that during his stint, and that gave me a good opportunity to contend for the victory."

Hugh and Matt Plumb--co-driving the No. 27 Acura RSX-S for Bill Fenton Motorsports--finished second. The machine started on the pole, but contact during the race left the car damaged and out of contention for the win. Finishing third in the No. 95 Turner Motorsport BMW 330i were Will Turner and Don Salama. The duo finished tied for third in the final 2005 Grand-Am Cup ST standings, and with the podium finish, ran their streak of consecutive top-six Grand-Am Cup ST class finishes to seven.

Georgian Bay Motorsports put their No. 01 Scada Pack Chevrolet Cobalt fourth in class, co-driven by Eric Curran and Jamie Holtom, and Mike Liebl and Bob Beede gave Bill Fenton Motorsports its second car in the top-five positions, finishing fifth in the No. 29 Acura Certified Pre-Owned/Southern Auto Auction Acura RSX-S.

Old 02-08-2006, 06:54 AM

Pic's of the winning team @ Mid-ohio for shake down runs

Old 02-08-2006, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those pictures look familar.....

I showed up for one or two of the HART meetings this year, but my personal schedule kept me from being able to contribute to the team.... Maybe next year.

Dan