Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Got rear ended in my S2k on Thursday

Old 07-27-2008, 10:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile Got rear ended in my S2k on Thursday

So I was minding my own business; just sitting at the traffic light at Hayden Run Rd. & Avery Rd. I was on my way to take a few last photos with the decals on, as I had just installed my new OEM front lip. I had just come to a complete stop at the light, as I noticed a red Civic come to a stop behind me. Looked forward and put the shifter in first gear as the light was about to turn green and BAM! Some ass in a Dodge Dakota smashed into the Civic and sent him flying into my S. The retard must have been doing at least 50 mph. I've been hit by a UPS truck going 70mph, and this hit felt MUCH harder. The civic was lowered and it kinda slid under my rear bumper as it picked me up and threw me. My car is in pretty bad shape, but is by no means totaled...of course I wish it was. I will post pictures up in the morning. The driver at fault in the Dakota claimed that there was a random car that crossed the double yellows and caused him to go out of control. For this ludacris reason, the even dumber Hilliard Cops didn't issue him a ticket!! WTF!? Funny how none of the witness' noticed any "gold car" as he claimed. I could go on an even longer rant about this but I won't. I have terrible luck, this is the second time this has happened to me in an S. I was taken to the hospital, but I'm okay except for some bad neck pain.

My big question I need help with is where do I get my S2000 repaired at? My insurance carrier is Progressive, is their recommended "guaranteed" shop any good? OR do I take it to a body shop of my chosing? I'm really scared to let Progressive fix my car, I'm very worried they'll do a terrible job. My last S2000 was never the same after it was hit and that can't happen this time. Do any of you guys know of any very good body shops in Columbus?? If you do, would you take your S2000 there? I've heard of Rife's & remember Brett saying something about Collision One. Any help is very much appreciated!
Old 07-28-2008, 02:10 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I would contact Jeff Pister @ Marysville Honda and see who they used to fix Bruce's NSX
Old 07-28-2008, 04:36 AM
Former Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whos insurance is this on? Even though he didn't get a ticket the Dodge could still be liable insurance wise. We've had 2 good experiences wirth Rife's on Route 3.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:13 AM

Sorry, dude. Lorraine (my friend's wife who saw you) said you looked very, very pissed. Glad you are ok.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

collision one is my suggestion. i know matt the owner very well andquality was his major thing when i worked for him. if you lived closer i would suggest a shop near me but im sure you dont want to bring your S all the way up here.

-Brett
Old 07-28-2008, 02:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

oh and the dodge guys insurance should be covering this as he hit you. even if he didnt get sighted its still his truck that hit you. or even the civic could be sighted for unassured clear distance because he didnt stop far enough away from you

-Brett
Old 07-28-2008, 02:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^That was my arguement to the police, the Sgt. told me that if another car causes you to launch forward into another car, then it's not the Civic's fault for unassured clear distance. The Civic would've had to been at least 2 car lengths behind to not hit me. Which I consider all BS, the cops just didn't like me because they assumed that I'm just another rich little Dublin kid with an expensive car.

[QUOTE=Ubetit,Jul 28 2008, 08:36 AM] Whos insurance is this on?
Old 07-28-2008, 06:34 PM

Sad situaition Mark. Good luck with the repairs. Obviously the cops have no balls whatsoever!

The Sunday before Mid-Ohio, I had some Cadillac changing across 2 lanes to the right, just about put me into a wall despite the fact that I was laying on the horn, and he stopped coming over for a second, and then came over anyway. I had to stab the brakes and squeeze within 3 inches of the wall and him to miss him. If I would have had a hammer to throw at him I would have! That was about as close to road rage as I've come in 20 years!

It would be nice to find that SOB and his truck, and get some payback, but no sense in going to jail over it I guess! I hope his damage was worse than yours. Maybe he'll get to live with high insurance rates for 3 years after zapping 2 other cars.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:50 PM

I thought this was another thread by Popeye describing another gay experience.

Sorry to hear about your crash Mark. Glad you are ok.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:47 PM

Man Mark, this sucks beyond description. Sorry that u have to deal with this although it never was ur fault. Hope it gets fixed and she get back on the road soon. Keep us posted.

Quick Reply: Got rear ended in my S2k on Thursday