Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Goodbye S. Hello SC.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:24 AM
Former Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Point me to a 6 speed conversion thread. I'm curious. When I drove an Element a few weeks ago I drove an automatic though.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:29 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by nala,Jun 4 2008, 10:19 AM
Have they announced pricing yet on the JCW Minis?
$28,550 Coupe
$30,800 Clubman

Mag has preorders already for all the clubmans and all but one coupe they will get this year. I have the pre-order sheet on the last coupe but I just can't pull the trigger. By time I load it the way I want it, it's $39k... and that's plain crazy.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Ubetit,Jun 4 2008, 06:24 AM
Point me to a 6 speed conversion thread. I'm curious. When I drove an Element a few weeks ago I drove an automatic though.
Here's one. Within this one, there are links to several others. It looks like the cost of parts was initially around $200 when they first started doing this mod, but something changed at some point recently and some are paying another couple hundred for some part that may or may not be necessary. I haven't had the time to really read through what's required, but the folks at Marysville told me it would be a "piece of cake" and encouraged it before I even knew it was possible.

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=25635

If you're interested in trying to track down a manual and want to try ours out to help make up your mind, just let me know. The manual makes a big difference vs. the automatic - you can spin the wheels through third and it's the first Honda I've ever had with torque steer - it's geared fairly aggressively.

I've got some springs and camber kit on the way, and finally found proper intake/exhaust for it as well...

Old 06-04-2008, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Ubetit,Jun 4 2008, 06:29 AM
$25,550 Coupe
$30,800 Clubman

Mag has preorders already for all the clubmans and all but one coupe they will get this year. I have the pre-order sheet on the last coupe but I just can't pull the trigger. By time I load it the way I want it, it's $39k... and that's plain crazy.
That is crazy. They told me they were filling orders even before pricing was announced. I was disappointed that the JCW edition didn't come standard with the JCW suspension...
Old 06-04-2008, 07:01 AM
Former Moderator

I had the price on the coupe wrong. $28,550.

I'm disappointed about a lot of things. The suspension for sure, even the xenons aren't included and are optional.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:14 AM

Hmm, brutal pricing - albeit for what's probably an extremely fun car...

Re: the xenons, apparently the S2000 ones pop right into the SC Elements as well.

For what it's worth, I was told by several dealers (again, for what it's worth), that (i) only 1% of Elements made were made with manuals for 07 and 08 and (ii) that there will be NO manuals for any Element in 2009. Basically, what's out there is all there is ever going to be...
Old 06-04-2008, 09:27 AM
Former Moderator

I'm not sure i'd want that type of vehicle to be manual but what kind of price did Marysville Honda give you on the tranny mod? They get stupid on their labor estimates.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:31 AM

I didn't get a quote yet. I'll talk to them about it when I go up to get my foglights installed w/n the next couple of weeks.

For anyone who wants an auto version, you should be able to get your choice of colors and $1500 under invoice without too much trouble.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Former Moderator

I got a $21,600 quote from my rep at Honda East
Old 06-04-2008, 12:28 PM

Don't know which model you inquired about, but right now there is $1,500 dealer cash on all Elements. There is also special financing, which isn't "supposed" to be allowed in conjunction with dealer cash.

I told them I would pay $1,500 under invoice ONLY if I could also get the special financing. They agreed without any pushback, so I probably left some $$ on the table, but they also brought the truck up from Cinci for free and gave me more than I needed on my trade so I was happy for a quick and easy transaction with my preferred dealer (and without having to take the time and effort of getting dealers to compete).

Thus, if you decide to go the Element route, you're ceiling should be $1500 under invoice and you could probably do better.

I can appreciate why you wouldn't want a manual in this sort of car, but believe me when I say it completely transforms the overall experience and after driving both back to back, the manual was the only choice. Again, you're more than welcome to take ours for a spin if you have any interest.

Quick Reply: Goodbye S. Hello SC.