Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Gettysburg Gathering II

Old 05-25-2011, 03:07 AM

Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Gettysburg Gathering II

OK crew...I know it's a little early, but you should plan on attending this meet...if @ all possible !!!!! You don't have to be a "History-Buff" to attend this, but when you leave Gettysburg...I can assure you that you will take something with you....that you will never forget ...a little history about this meet...A couple of years ago, I saw a post in the Virginia / West Virginia forum with regard to a little get together in Gettysburg...I think they had planned on a few of the locals, meeting-up, going for a great drive around the rolling hills & country roads....etc...!!! Well...as many of you know...Sharon & I make Gettysburg a ritual, every year...fact is...the past 17 years in a row When I saw this post, I PM'ed Justin, their Chapter Director..because.............Sharon & I were not going to miss-out on this !!!! Well......the little get together, started to grow, & grow & grow...and the planning became a committee, and the gathering became an "Event"...and I do mean...an Event !!!!! ...and as much as I hate to admit, it was a rival to the S2KCA-Days.....It was "HUGE".....Fact is...their Regional Director became involved...and, then our very own President of S2KCA, & this meet, became one of the biggest, and best of the year....We had people attending from "ALL" over, and I do mean..."ALL" over....I started posting pix, as a history lesson...from Sharon's and my explorations through-out Gettysburg, over the years, well.. the "Thread" started growing outta hand...and...by the way, I am going to do the "History Lesson" again this year...( I have already started...somewhat ) but this will also, get very big, and I am going to take you thru the battle, as it progressed, with locations...So...stay tuned for that We decided, not to do the meet, last year....we wanted no competition with the Asheville event..but that is now over....and we are back "ON"......Hoping to make this even bigger than before...So...come on, join in on a real blast, from the past !!! Join us in Gettysburg, August the 4th ,thru the 7th....Caravan over with us !!!! Learn a little about your Country, and have a wonderful time with some of the "Best" people that you could ...."EVER"....meet

http://forums.s2kca.com/showthread.php?t=39359
Old 05-25-2011, 01:10 PM

Received 263 Likes on 88 Posts

I'd probably be near there on business, but this is in direct conflict to the S2000s meeting at Mid-Ohio that weekend....
Old 05-25-2011, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by pgarratt
I'd probably be near there on business, but this is in direct conflict to the S2000s meeting at Mid-Ohio that weekend....
Sorry....It's the only weekend we could get, in Gettysburg, for "All" the things that we needed !!!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2011, 05:00 PM

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,713 Posts

I think I might go!
Old 05-26-2011, 01:49 AM

I should hope so.......See you & Patty, in a couple of weeks !!!!!
Originally Posted by Scooterboy
I think I might go!
Old 05-26-2011, 01:32 PM

Received 169 Likes on 150 Posts

Maybe Kathy & I will show up.... do we need to register?
Old 05-27-2011, 02:38 AM

....Well, here is a "MUST" for those of you that are attending the Gettysburg Gathering II.....
Monday evening, the 30th of May ( that's Memorial Day ) for those that don't know....

...@ 9:00PM...the History Channel, ( that's on TV ) is going to show a new production, of Gettysburg...... Please watch this.....If you "EVER" wanted a history lesson on what ( they ) did here.....you will find-out here....Take 2 hours outta your life.....to remember them, because this is....why you have "America"....
The land of the free....& the home of the brave.....

http://www.history.com/shows/gettysb...eek-gettysburg
Old 05-30-2011, 10:12 AM

Don't forget to set your DVR's etc...
Old 05-30-2011, 12:09 PM

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Jut in case I don't get to see it tonight, please don't tell me how it ends!
Old 05-30-2011, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
Jut in case I don't get to see it tonight, please don't tell me how it ends!
Ha Ha !!!! One of these days......

Quick Reply: Gettysburg Gathering II