Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Finally got my clear diffusers installed

Old 04-11-2004, 04:52 PM
Former Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got my clear diffusers installed

I did it the lazy man's way but it looks great. I shipped the headlights and diffusers to w1ngman and he did a great job. david1 did most of the installing over at his house on Saturday. It would have taken me forever by myself.

Many thanks to w1ngman
Many thanks to david1

Must be something about guys with "1" in their names.

Old 04-11-2004, 04:59 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Cooooooool! .

And not just that we have "1"s in our screen names, but that our *real* names are David as well. One of those things that make you go, "Hmmmmmm..." .

Your Spa looks mighty fine with the OEM Clears in the corners! Now you have to get it outta the garage!!!

- Dave

PS. Wheels look tight!
Old 04-11-2004, 05:02 PM

looks great rich, lets do mine!
Old 04-11-2004, 05:13 PM
Former Moderator

I'll help install the finished headlight, let w1ingman do the diffuser install. He has it down to a science.
Old 04-11-2004, 06:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn that looks good! I really like the clear diffusers on the spa
Old 04-11-2004, 06:10 PM

Originally posted by ROGUE3308
looks great rich, lets do mine!

it's really not that difficult....just time consuming....you can put all the silicon you want to insure a tight seal, you won't see any of it anyway.....ScottF and I did mine and Shaun's......just get in there and do it
Old 04-11-2004, 08:38 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I had done mine before the clear diffusers were around. I was one of the first to clear. Mine have been done now for more than 2 years and no leaks. I have done 3 sets and hate it every time. Swaping them is a WHOLE BUNCH EASIER! I still like my chrome look and the diffuser look, but I probably would not be able to pull mine apart again since I sealed them with black windsield sealant. Rich had the electoplated bulbs that I also need to get for mine, but to put them in is real pain with the lights installed. You need to remove the fender liners.
Old 04-11-2004, 09:09 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Here is a pic of just cleared. There were no aftermarket diffusers at the time. It is hard to get a pic with the flash because of the chrome.
Old 04-12-2004, 06:37 AM

Originally posted by david1
I had done mine before the clear diffusers were around. I was one of the first to clear. Mine have been done now for more than 2 years and no leaks. I have done 3 sets and hate it every time. Swaping them is a WHOLE BUNCH EASIER! I still like my chrome look and the diffuser look, but I probably would not be able to pull mine apart again since I sealed them with black windsield sealant. Rich had the electoplated bulbs that I also need to get for mine, but to put them in is real pain with the lights installed. You need to remove the fender liners.

that's not hard either....I just popped out about 5 of those plastic pins and pulled back the liner to put my new HID bulbs in...took me longer to jack the car up than it did to pull back part of the liner and get the bulbs in (I was also using the spare tire jack to get the car up onto jack stand since I didn't have access to a jack at that moment).....all in all you can pop those bulbs in in about 15--20mins...now stop with the excuses
Old 04-12-2004, 06:39 AM

Originally posted by david1
Here is a pic of just cleared. There were no aftermarket diffusers at the time. It is hard to get a pic with the flash because of the chrome.
http://gallery.s2ki.com/imagecatalog/image...eview/134176/6/

I also like the naked look, I think that the chrome looks good...I was torn though seeing as to I was not sure if I wanted the bulb sockets to show

Quick Reply: Finally got my clear diffusers installed