Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Engine seized! Car was towed to the dealership!

Old 05-13-2004, 04:15 PM
Former Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by david1
Any update yet?
What he said
Old 05-13-2004, 04:20 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Maybe Ray's body shop is working on it?????????
Old 05-13-2004, 07:37 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by Popeye
Maybe Ray's body shop is working on it?????????
Maybe I need to look at it. I will bring the torches and a hack saw just in case!
Old 05-13-2004, 07:50 PM

I NEED HELP!!!!!

I am still shaken up by the news that I got from Immke dealership.

Here it goes.

They said they found out that the engine has been damaged. Can't remember specifically but 4th cylinder has been cracked or damaged. So Service Manager @ Immke said he spoke with Honda rep and they have denied any work on my car under warranty because only way this type of damage can happen is when the engine is abused(over reving beyond redline)

I have purchased this car last October from Immke and it had 700+ miles on it. I did get a decent deal for it but I was rather concerned about the miles. About 2 months after getting the car, I found out the car was actually hail damaged and the dealership fixed it. This was never disclosed to me when I was purchasing the car.

Long story short, the service manager wants me to either take it somewhere else, talk to Honda Customer Serivce(already tried but they said they can't do much), or have them fix it but I have to pay for it.

As I am receiving this news, my nerve hit the sealing. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I even asked the service manager to prove that the car was abused by me. Asked him to show me the proof such as computer read out showing over rev or some sort.

Spoke with Honda Customer people for over an hour but they don't seem willing to hear my story. "It is not mechanical defect, so must be you who owns the car abused it"

Yes, I do drive my car spriritedly but I know how to shift and I certainly do not abuse my car.

I really do not know what to do at this point. Honda Customer service person tells they can have one of their case manager take a look at this case but it could take 3-5days before I hear from them.

I was so frustrated I even called my insurance company about this and my insurance co says, if this wasn't an accident and in fact if they find out it wasn't manufacturer's defect then they have to treat it as driver's fault therefore it is not covered by insurance.

What options do I have? Honestly, If I destroyed the engine then I would take the responsibility and take care of it on my own but I certainly did not abuse my engine enough to blow the cylinder of the engine.

What can I do at this point? I asked for the number and name of Honda rep that Immke service manager spoke with but the service manager gave me Honda Customer Service number instead. When I mentioned to him about 700+ miles on the car when I purchased, he goes to say "Oh that should not make any difference"

I asked for computer read out showing the rev point when the car died. He ignores my demand. I ask for Honda rep that he supposedly spoke with and he ignores my demand.....I call Honda Customer service but they say they cannot guarantee but it will take 5 days before I hear from them.....My insurance co says it will not be covered by the insurance...

I've never thought I would face this type of problem with my beloved car. Right now, I just don't know what I need to do. My friends are advising me to goto BBB and meet with a lawyer. Not sure what those options could do for me. I am just extremely frustrate and almost feel like crying loud.

So fellow Ohio S2000 members, do you have any good suggestions? Do you think I need legal representation? I cannot stop making the car payment but I have a car that is as good as dead horse right now sitting at Immke dealership.

What should I do? what can I do? Please help!
Old 05-13-2004, 07:58 PM

Please help.......... OMG.....
Old 05-13-2004, 08:01 PM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

Check out this thread: Short Block Replacement Thread

It may have some bearing on your situation - many of the failures are related to the #4 cylinder. Contact the thread starter, Barry WY Silver/Black '01, for more info. If your failure fits the profile, you might have some ammo to get your car fixed under warranty.

Good luck!

JonasM
Old 05-13-2004, 08:17 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Another reason not to buy or get service from Immke. They do not help anybody. BTW, for what it is worth, I have heard that the DSM for our area is not nice (if it is the same guy from about a year ago). I bet Immke never showed the motor to the DSM and "they were the ones that told Honda you were at fault" The fact that they want you to take it somewhere else makes them incompetent and suspect. Time to raise some hell.
Old 05-14-2004, 03:19 AM

I am more calmed down now. I'm suspecting the same.
I will be contacting my lawyer this morning. Also, I believe Immke never contacted Honda rep.
Old 05-14-2004, 03:25 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 148 Likes on 119 Posts

keep us posted on what's going on...
good luck.
Old 05-14-2004, 03:39 AM

BTW, Should I take it to another dealership?

Quick Reply: Engine seized! Car was towed to the dealership!