Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Damn!

Old 10-16-2008, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^^ Hahaha, I was impressed he came up with it that fast, too.

Ted Nugent has had his hands in just about everything!
Old 10-17-2008, 08:01 PM

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

Man that is into the sandbox (aka china beach) at the end of the back strait and that had to be complete brake failure! I have seen guys go off at partial brake failure and never touch the tire walls.

Just to put it into perspective when I raced my K20 civic out there I would be hitting 125-128 on that back strait. I had the HPS pads at the July NASA event and really could have used more pad. There was more than one occassion that I really did not think the car was going to slow down in time, and left me keeping the wheel strait praying that it would slow down enough to allow me to intitiate the turn in. By the looks of those photos I got lucky, LOL

If there is one thing that you need to push your car to the limit at Mid-Ohio is good pads that can take some heat, and a fluid that works well with the pads. That corner ends more peoples sessions because of brake failure (they have to pull into the pits), some are not so lucky and their weekends are ended.

Word of advise if you are pushing on the pedal at that corner and it is rock solid, but the car is not slowing, you can save your session, but you have to take it easy for a couple of laps and let the pads cool to operating temps. But if your brakes feel "spongy" pit right away, you boiled the fluid and they will NOT come back. Flush the fluid completely before returning to the track.

I have not had the S on Mid-ohio yet, but I can only guess that the factory pads will be insuficient. Given that these things dust like hell, that is a dissapointing.