Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Crazy Vtec!

Old 11-13-2002, 08:31 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by junehhan
I believe that the fact that the wheelbase is so short is what causes it to be a bit more challenging. Entering into 4 wheel drift has never been as fun as when i'm driving a Crown Vic with the handling and performance package which are way too fun to slide into turns with. The biggest challenge is trying to stay put in the seat since there is absolutely no lateral support. What really makes it fun, is the long wheelbase on the Crown Vic absolutely makes powersliding very predictable allowing you to dial in the exact amount of 4 wheel drift that you want with precision.
Powersliding a Crown Vic! Now thats funny!
Old 11-13-2002, 09:53 AM

A VTEC induced slide is exactly one of the reasons that I got my Spoon header. The transition is much smoother and I never worry about an unintended power surge.
Old 11-13-2002, 10:00 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by GChambers
[B]

Old 12-09-2002, 10:47 AM

Originally posted by junehhan
I have to admit, having the tail just swing out on your is really scary until you know how to control it. After you guys' advice, I took that same curve today, except I deliberately caused the tail to step out in order to enter into 4 wheel drift. I think I scared the crap out of this old lady driving a Buick behind me because after the expression she had on her face was priceless after she saw me do what I did. I'll have to go again and try it again at maybe a higher speed tomarrow. If I spin out, there really isn't any danger since there is a very large margin for error, especially since it's a low speed corner with very wide broad sides.
Does anybody else find it funny that this post by junehhan was shortly followed by one complaining about outrageously high insurance rates?
Old 12-09-2002, 10:48 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by waybrig

Does anybody else find it funny that this post by junehhan was shortly followed by one complaining about outrageously high insurance rates?
Yeah, he must have taken his State Farm agent for a ride
Old 12-09-2002, 07:51 PM

I kind of find it funny in a way...................but I really do miss my S2000. My insurance is probably high because I totalled my 99 Taurus SHO 2 years ago. I was going around a corner and from what i've been told by the body shop, the rear sway bar link had completely snapped. I had the suspension on that car very modified as I autocrossed it frequently, and was preparing for a high speed driving school in it. I knew what the expect from the suspension, but the snap oversteer came out of nowhere as I wasn't anywhere near the limit. I also have 2 speeding tickets, but one of them have dropped off. I just didn't understand why my insurance had to go up so much in a single year. Now with my Land Rover Freelander, i'm back to where I originally started when I originally bought my Suzuka Blue S2000.
Old 12-09-2002, 07:56 PM
Banned

Uh.... You autocrossed a Taurus?
Old 12-09-2002, 08:02 PM

Originally posted by GChambers
Uh.... You autocrossed a Taurus?

Yes, the Taurus SHO's are really awesome cars to autocross. I managed to autocross it twice and it was addictive which is why I started modifying the suspension. The TAurus SHO is a Taurus, but it just doesn't feel like one. A very nice 3.4 litre 32 valve DOHC Yamaha built V8 which btw is blowing up like crazy due to a bad design.
Old 12-11-2002, 12:08 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 148 Likes on 119 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pixsurguy
[B]A VTEC induced slide is exactly one of the reasons that I got my Spoon header.
Old 12-11-2002, 12:22 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mocky57
[B]

How does the Spoon header help with a smoother transition? I've been curious about the benefits of a header swap (not necessarily for an s2000), and was wondering what the gains, benefits were.

Quick Reply: Crazy Vtec!