Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Club support?

Old 06-07-2004, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Club support?

Below is the e-mail I sent Discount Tire 1 week ago. After that is the response and ticket number. I was wondering if you guys might show some power in numbers by sending e-mails of support. It does not have to be nasty or rude. Just thought the power of the pen could have some effect on these fockers.
Ray

consumeraffairs@discounttire.com

Please include the following line in all replies. DT20040524_0000001735

Good evening. My name is Ray Frye, I live in Lewis Center,OH. I am in your data base under phone # 740-548-7856. I have used your store off of Polaris Parkway 3 times now. The first was late last year to purchase rear tires for my Honda S2000 and the second was 2 weeks ago to get a nail removed. My third trip was today. I want to first start by saying the service at this store has been excellent. My first 2 visits, I was helped by Fernando. He was polite ,knowledgable, and very helpful.

My issue is this: When I came in to get my rears replaced last year, I asked for the OEM tires that were the same as the tires on the car at that time. They were 225.50 92W 16 Bridgestone Potenzas S-02. If you go to Tire Rack, this is the tire that pulls up for the 2000-2003 S2000 as OEM. The tires were ordered and eventually installed. The invoice stated Potenza S-02. I put the car away shortly after the tires were put on as the winter weather hit. Last weekend, I took my car to Honda for routine maintainance. The dealer informed me that i have the wrong tires on the car. He said that these were OEM for the Porche Boxster. He stated these were ZR rated not W rate and that the S2000 OEMs have a slightly different tread pattern and a larger contact pad. I called Tire Rack today and they confirmed this information. When I called your Lewis Center store today to explain what happened, Gary did not see the issue and said I would have to bring the car in as his records showed Potenza's were installed on my car. I told him the tires did not say Potenza. I brought the car over this afternoon and Fernando was very helpful and apologized for the error with the tires.
Fernando then called in the order to replace the tires with the correct ones. I heard him tell the person on the phone that he needed the oem tires for the S2000 and even stated the 92 W was needed, not the ZR. Fernando then called someone elss to verify the part number for the OEM S2000 tires. He wrote that number down and called the person he ordered the tires from back. The part nubers did not match, they would have sent the wrong tires again if he had not double checked. He then found out the tires are on back order, and would take 3 weeks. Again, Fernando has been very helpful. My issue with all of this is, I requested the oem tire for my car be put on, and it was not. Now my dealer alerts me to your company's mistake and I return the car for my correct order and I have to pay $40 per replacement tire and for the shipping that I already paid for the first time I came in. I had asked Fernando to go ahead and rotate my front tires when I came back to have my correct rear tires installed. He gave me a cost of around $130!
I think it was $40 per tire+ shipping of the new tires, and the rest was for the rotation. I drove on these tires I admit, but they were put on in error and I have to pay $40 extra to get the tires I should have had in December? If I have to pay $40, at least meet me in the middle and take off the shipping and installation. I can't see where Discount Tire is absorbing any of this error. It's is all the customer. I hate to gripe guys, but I think it's a little unfair to have to dish out $100 extra bucks for an ordering error.
Thank you for your time.
Ray L. Frye
__________________________________________________ ______
Please include the following line in all replies. DT20040524_0000001735

Thank you for your inquiry. We are currently closed.

We are available 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday,
and 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. EST on Saturday.

We strive to reply to all correspondence received outside our
normal business hours by 12:00 p.m. the next business day.

Thanks again for choosing Discount Tire Direct.
Old 06-08-2004, 03:18 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Maybe we should find out what store the area manager is going to be and have 10 or 15 S2000's show up on his door step on a Saturday morning.
Old 06-08-2004, 03:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ray are you a F'in retard? Your letter is assnine. There is no way you should have to pay a penny to get the CORRECT tires on your car that you asked for in the first place. If this place wants to keep you as a loyal customer they should replace these at no charge and include a free rotation of the front for your agrivation. JMO
Old 06-08-2004, 04:14 AM
Former Moderator

Originally posted by SanMarinoCpe
Ray are you a F'in retard? Your letter is assnine. There is no way you should have to pay a penny to get the CORRECT tires on your car that you asked for in the first place. If this place wants to keep you as a loyal customer they should replace these at no charge and include a free rotation of the front for your agrivation. JMO

That's what i told him. No f'in way I pay a penny.
Old 06-08-2004, 05:14 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ubetit
Old 06-08-2004, 06:43 AM
Former Moderator

You and Jeff are perfect examples. That's why you'll always get my business.
Old 06-08-2004, 08:37 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ubetit
You and Jeff are perfect examples.
Old 06-08-2004, 05:04 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ROGUE3308
Old 06-08-2004, 05:15 PM

I do not plan on paying the fockers. Just testing the waters.
Old 06-08-2004, 05:45 PM

So?

Quick Reply: Club support?