Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Cleveland Rush Hour Traffic

Old 07-03-2003, 10:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by OhioRacer
This thread is headed for 100 pages, I can tell. Time for more hard drive space on the s2ki servers.
Its a good place to vent I know I feel better
Old 07-03-2003, 02:10 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jwiseman
[B]

Don't forget, Suzy is usually in a huge Ford Exploder and is also talking on
the phone while putting on that crap !

Ah, I feel better already !

have a nice holiday weekend everyone !
Old 07-08-2003, 03:26 AM

Originally posted by Hardtopguy
Most of the cars hogging the left lane are cars with Ohio plates.
I have to agree with my bro. I have hauled a racecar all over this country and mostly the left lane wannabes are Ohio drivers. Although this morning on the way to work in the rain most everyone pulled over to let me by so I guess it just depends on the drivers but I think as far as courtesy Ohio drivers are some of the worse on the road. Also the motorcycle scene in Ohio is some of the worse in the country. I have ridden from Ohio to FL and the most waves and greetings I have received have been out of Ohio. There are to many Hardley riders who think there something special even though this is there first bike and only have been riding a couple months.
Old 07-08-2003, 04:18 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

A friend of mine in the Air Force is stationed in D.C. but lives in Maryland. When there is a traffic problem, or an accident it is usually someone from Ohio. They all make fun of him, cause he is from OHIO.
Worst place I drove was Puerto Rico....it's like a race! People cutting infront of you and in the CITY (San Juan) the pace is still fast. What a wild bunch there (lots of fun if you join the race).
Old 07-08-2003, 06:14 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I drive from Ohio to South Carolina and back about 4 times a year going through, Ohio, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina and the ONLY state where the highway patrol takes the "attack posture" for rader is Ohio. You know the posture right? Body turned sideways, left leg in front of right leg, left arm at chest position, radar gun resting on left arm pointing at cars. . In the other states you see the highway patrol helping stranded motorists.

Of course the reason for this is to collect all this money to maintain these beautiful Ohio roads. .
Old 07-08-2003, 07:22 AM

Speaking of OHP. I was following one home last week during rush hour traffic. He was doing 60mph in the dreaded left lane and holding up traffic for miles so I creeped up to him and just as my front fender passed his front bumper he hit the siren. I put my hands up like WTF and looked over and he was waving me to keep behind him. I think OHP would use the death penalty if they could. I would also like to see where this money is being used for because it certainly is not for the roads they suck.
Old 07-08-2003, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by SanMarinoCpe
I drive in from the eastside (Concord) to North Olmsted (47mi) and it seems every morning I get some jacka$$ infront of me who thinks I am following to close. Now these people are following the car infront of them just as close as I am to them but it is me that they have a problem with. Case in point this morning I was following a Civic with some pipe smokin mofo driving all through Euclid and into East Cleveland and all of a sudden he has a problem with me and starts brake checking me and raising his hand. I was like dude I have been following you for 15mi and now you have a problem? So after 2 or 3 brake checks I proceed to pass this A-hole on the right and cut him off moving into the same lane I was in before. I don't call this road rage I was trying to make a point I didn't like his brake checks and after a few horn beeps from him and the finger a few times I guess he got it out of his system and left me alone. I guess I really don't have a question but I am just wondering why people don't just move over and let you by? I mean I could care less you want to do 45mph on the freeway just move over and let me pass and then go back in the same lane and do 45mph. I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced this phenomenon or is it just me?
OMG dude, you think u have it bad there, well come down to amish country... UHHH theres always an amish buggy over the hill and they have room to get over and they wont, then when u floor it past them to get around them quickly, some of them flip you off, i just cant stand it and tourists are worse, they will go 40-45 the whole way when im trying to drive to canton and there arent many oppertunitys to pass on the way there, and they get all pissed off for tailgating, once i followed a guy to this town called mt eaton and at the first red light he gets out of his car and gets in my face asking me what my problem was , i was like dude you are driving way to slow, and hes like well you dont need to be speeding! i was like i just want to go 55-60 because some people have things to do... i swear i hate sunday drivers
Old 07-08-2003, 01:51 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by spt-s2k
[B]A friend of mine in the Air Force is stationed in D.C. but lives in Maryland.
Old 07-08-2003, 06:47 PM

I live by Iacoca motto, Lead, follow or get out of the ay.