Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Clear Bra Installers in Columbus area

Old 06-08-2003, 06:33 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just got done checking the car out from our drive this weekend. Got some chips on it, one where the clear bra would not have been one where it would have been. The one on the bumber though probably got hit at about 100 mph so it would have probably left a mark in the material. What I do is use an artist brush to do the touch up then sand with 2000 grit paper on the end of pencil, rub, and good as new.
Old 06-09-2003, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

David1,

Sorry about the chips! I'll try your technique on repairing dings. Tooth picks have worked pretty well for little chips.

Haven't got the clear bra yet, but the price dropped $120, because the installer had combined the standard and deluxe kit prices - the deluxe included the standard kit.

I don't know if it was you, but a Spa Yellow honked at me near Immke on Sawmill Friday evening - that possibly you? My daughter and I were out - just got my OSU plates. Mine is Silverstone, '01.

My wife and I thought about you all on Saturday on our way to Indian Lake - we'll shoot for doing the next Route 26 run. My son and I may do our own Route 26 sometime this summer. He and his friends are all Ford Probe nuts, so it could be fun for all.

Stay tuned for the clear bra results.

g2d2
Old 06-09-2003, 06:08 PM

That was not me. But all of us honk or flash lights to each other. I probably know who it was though.
Old 06-11-2003, 05:46 PM
Former Moderator

I know Andrew. He's a good friend of my brothers. His M3 is gorgeous and he keeps it spotless. He's the only one I would recommend. He's very detail oriented and he's worked with this stuff quite a bit. He was going to do my car but I had already gotten my first nick.
Old 06-11-2003, 06:00 PM

I know I can't offer any advice to find a local shop in your area but to the point of getting clear bra or not. Yes it is definitely worth doing. I did it before I even had driven my car.

Even if not for the chips and dents, the highway grime that doesn't get on your paint is priceless. I have had my clear bra since this winter and no chips as of yet on a Sebring.

As for the looks, no one really sees the bra. Only if you walk right up to it.

I paid 525 and got the bumper kit, hood, fenders, mirrors installed!
Old 06-12-2003, 06:59 AM

Very happy to hear the good reviews of Andrew Smith. And glad to hear how effective they can be - I'm counting on it! It looks, at this point, as if the cost is going to be about $280 for the kit, and $300-350 to apply for a total of about $630 max.

Have tried to keep the S2000 off the road, and in the garage until after the clear bra is applied, but I'm itching to be driving, despite the ongoing crappy spring weather.

Thanks for the info - I'll post as soon as the job is done.

Gary
Old 06-14-2003, 09:10 AM

Gary, did you buy the kit yet? I think I am going to try this. If you talk to Andrew, can you ask him if the film will hide some light abrasions. I just need the kit and I can install it myself since I have worked with films before( on the older Porches) though it has been some time. I do not see any difficult spots on our car except for the grill opening area.
PM me and lets discuss.
Dave
Old 06-25-2003, 07:16 AM

Clear bra kit (Invinca-Shield on the hood, fenders, bumper and mirrors and Xpel on the headlights) was installed two weekends ago by Andrew Smith. Results are excellent. He did a terrific job, the price was very reasonable, and I don't break out in a sweat every time I pull in behind another car now. He even took the time to meet me at Zettlers on Hard Road near Smokey Row to show me the car care products he prefers (apparently a Corvette guy runs their auto product dept, and they have a large selection of products). Andrew is a wealth of knowledge, at least for someone who is new to this kind of car.

I would recommend him to anyone considering a clear bra installation. Hey, the guy mows his lawn both directions, and waxes his mail box! Now that's the kind of guy I want working on MY S2000!

I can post picture if anyone is interested, but, frankly, there isn't a lot to see unless I do close ups.

Gary
Old 06-25-2003, 12:27 PM
Former Moderator

Andrew owned a detailing business for a few years. He's the only person besides me that I'd let touch my car. Andrew would drive up to the RC flying field where we are members and the first thing he'd do is pull out his QD (quick detailer) spray. You can eat off of any part of his white M3 and he's a master of subtle and clean mods. He's obsessive-compulsive about everything he owns. I think my brother told me he cleans and polishes his pool cue.