Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Calling all Organizers...

Old 01-15-2009, 04:16 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 148 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy' date='Jan 14 2009, 08:52 PM
I do remember that radio transmission but as I remember it someone was scream not to follow him....but then again no one would or should follow him, anytime!!
Hmmm....I don't remember that .....

must have been someone else
Old 01-15-2009, 04:18 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Looter' date='Jan 14 2009, 08:39 PM
That little black plastic, "Thingy"...is for removing the center caps, on your wheels, without scratching them......

Yup.. the nice folks at Motomotion.. They do really good work btw.. Kind of far from most of us (they have a shop in Oberlin), but they are good

And like Denny said.. centercap removal tool

Dates... Well, here are the four events that we want to not have the event near.. (at least that's my thought)
WTD
Bluegrass Track Day
Arthritis Foundation
Indy @ Mid Ohio
DBR
So, I'm waiting to hear back on the Indy race and Arthritis Foundation date and go from there.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also add the Bluegrass track day to that, May 29th.

LOT of S2Ki regulars will be there, maybe even a few in this thread
Old 01-15-2009, 06:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do we want to do another party at my parents?
Old 01-15-2009, 07:15 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by S2K_Cincy' date='Jan 15 2009, 11:37 AM
Also add the Bluegrass track day to that, May 29th.

LOT of S2Ki regulars will be there, maybe even a few in this thread
I thought about that actually, but that's on a Friday, this event runs Sat/Sun... Personally, I'd be all about having it that following Saturday... I'd just stay in Southern Ohio for the rest of the weekend

(except that I have tentative plans on the 1st of June)
Old 01-15-2009, 07:17 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by S2KBDub' date='Jan 15 2009, 11:47 AM
Do we want to do another party at my parents?
That went over really well last time... but I'd have to figure out how to juggle the Marietta Brewing Company piece as well... I guess we could finish the drive, check-in, and then some of us go there for appetizers/whatnot, then go to the brewing company...

something else to think about i guess.....

thing i don't like about where we stay every year is the lack of a room large enough to have everyone at after the brewing company... drinking in the parking lot really isn't the greatest idea ya know?
Old 01-15-2009, 07:42 AM

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Mocky' date='Jan 15 2009, 11:17 AM

something else to think about i guess.....

thing i don't like about where we stay every year is the lack of a room large enough to have everyone at after the brewing company... drinking in the parking lot really isn't the greatest idea ya know?
Last year...we had the whole parking lot, ( closest to the river ) taped off for us...We used it as a wash rack....and drinking, later that night...No one seemed to care..??? Not familiar with anything else, in Marietta, that is large enough for all of us..??? and as nice....????

Perhaps S2KBDub....chime in.....
Old 01-15-2009, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Mocky' date='Jan 15 2009, 11:15 AM
I thought about that actually, but that's on a Friday, this event runs Sat/Sun... Personally, I'd be all about having it that following Saturday... I'd just stay in Southern Ohio for the rest of the weekend

(except that I have tentative plans on the 1st of June)
The only problem with that is that anyone in the Cinci area will have to leave Friday night to get up to the starting point in time to do the drive on Sat/Sun.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:01 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by S2K_Cincy' date='Jan 15 2009, 12:47 PM
The only problem with that is that anyone in the Cinci area will have to leave Friday night to get up to the starting point in time to do the drive on Sat/Sun.
Shannon.. I'll add it to the list of events that would block off a particular weekend. Based on the list of people who have put their deposit in and matching it up against the list of attendees over the past two years, I don't see that many people doing both (if we did decide to that that weekend). Also, it wouldn't be just the Cinci people.. that would be me as well

Having said that, like I said, I know I have plans that weekend. Not that we should stop an event on my behalf, but I'd like to be able to attend and would prefer a different weekend.

My $.02
Old 01-15-2009, 08:03 AM

We really enjoyed the drive last year, since it was our first time. Absolutely loved the Hampton. Most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept on. The breakfast food was much better than most hotels I have stayed at. Maybe the bed was a fluke, but comfortable nonetheless. Brewing Company was ok. Chiming in with my 2 cents that I hope this will be done in July or August. Going much further south in June. Last year we stayed the second night at a B&B called pine lakes lodge in Cambridge. Very nice and the owner has some ridiculous car collection of 60 cars or so, that was nice to view. This year I think we are going to Wheeling afterwards if anyone wants to gamble with us.

Quick Reply: Calling all Organizers...