Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Bye Bye TT

Old 12-30-2006, 06:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bye Bye TT

As some of you have heard, my TT has let me down for the last time. After I was stranded several times (twice recently) and Dee Dee once, I no longer had confidence in the car. All were electrically related. Unlike the TT, the S4 we have has been a champ for 5 1/2 years and 70k plus miles with no unsolvable problems and never leaving us stranded. As a result, I decided to change up to something newer, more reliable and yes more practical.

Bye TT

Hello Avant!

The car is a 2007 Audi A4 Avant SLine Titanium pkg.
Six speed manual, 2.0 Litre Turbo, all the bells and whistles.
It's a sweet ride and love the blacked out look.

First mods (next couple weeks)
=====
Stasis Coilovers
APR Exhaust
Wheel Spacers (10 mm and 20 mm)
Old 12-30-2006, 07:14 PM
JHo
Member (Premium)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Ed, the car salesman: Wait a minute, I'll get to the bottom of this, we'll find your car. Davenport!
Davenport, the mechanic: Yes, Mr. Ed.
Ed: Where is Mr. Clean's Sports Wagon?
Davenport: I don't know sir.
Ed: I know what must have happened. It didn't come in. Now I can get you the Sports Wagon; the only problem is that it may take six weeks. I owe it to myself to tell you that if you're taking the whole tribe cross-country, the Wagon Queen Family Truckster is the way to go. You think you hate it now, but just wait until you drive it.
Mr. Clean: Ed, I'm not your average fool. Now I want my super sports wagon now, or I'm gonna take my business elsewhere!
Ed: Davenport! Get Mr. Griswald's car and bring it back here!

Great trade Gary. It's definately an upgrade in terms of usability and reliabilty. If you need an impractical car for a day, just look in the garage. "Avant," it even sounds smarter.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by eiwoh316,Dec 30 2006, 11:14 PM
Ed, the car salesman: Wait a minute, I'll get to the bottom of this, we'll find your car. Davenport!
Davenport, the mechanic: Yes, Mr. Ed.
Ed: Where is Mr. Clean's Sports Wagon?
Davenport: I don't know sir.
Ed: I know what must have happened. It didn't come in. Now I can get you the Sports Wagon; the only problem is that it may take six weeks. I owe it to myself to tell you that if you're taking the whole tribe cross-country, the Wagon Queen Family Truckster is the way to go. You think you hate it now, but just wait until you drive it.
Mr. Clean: Ed, I'm not your average fool. Now I want my super sports wagon now, or I'm gonna take my business elsewhere!
Ed: Davenport! Get Mr. Griswald's car and bring it back here!

Great trade Gary. It's definately an upgrade in terms of usability and reliabilty. If you need an impractical car for a day, just look in the garage. "Avant," it even sounds smarter.
Thanks John!

BTW, nicely done on the quoting... Clark.

I could totally picture the Metallic Pete green family truckster and the flattened previous family truckster.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW!!!!

Now you got the Black and White theme going on in your garage. Nice choice Gary. Didn't know about the trade but happy to see you have made great choice!

Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2006, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by soundzero,Dec 30 2006, 11:36 PM
WOW!!!!

Now you got the Black and White theme going on in your garage. Nice choice Gary. Didn't know about the trade but happy to see you have made great choice!

Happy New Year!
Hey Andy!

Thanks, given my situation, it was the best choice.

Yeah, black and white, possibly two of the most difficult colors to keep clean. Dee Dee used to think I spent too much time cleaning cars before this combo...
Old 12-31-2006, 06:10 AM

My buddys got a TT and he's having the sammme type of problems... His lateral acelerator just went bad lol... BTW that controls what direction the cars going in for the AWD but what the... nice choice on cars! Lemme know if you need anything from ECS
Old 12-31-2006, 06:35 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by MrClean,Dec 30 2006, 10:43 PM

Hello Avant!

Proper color
Old 12-31-2006, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by imdarkrider,Dec 31 2006, 10:10 AM
My buddys got a TT and he's having the sammme type of problems... His lateral acelerator just went bad lol... BTW that controls what direction the cars going in for the AWD but what the... nice choice on cars! Lemme know if you need anything from ECS
Yeah, as you probably know, the TT has historically been an electrically glitchy car. I thought this 2004 3.2 would not have sufferred from the same glitches of previous years, believing they would have worked things out by now. unfortunately, this was not the case. Up till now, I was willing to work with Audi (under warranty) to get things resovled. However, this last electrical problem dealt with the DSG tranny and left my wife and I stranded. The dealer, working with Audi, so far has not been able to solve the problem (like the parasitic battery drain issue). Plus, the DSG module that is thought to be bad is said to be back-ordered for 2-3 weeks, maybe longer since there is a supplier issue.

Thanks for the offer on the ECS items!
Old 12-31-2006, 06:42 AM
Former Moderator

When will you Audi people ever learn.....

Old 12-31-2006, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Popeye,Dec 31 2006, 10:35 AM
Proper color

I thought you would like the color. Thanks Popeye!

Quick Reply: Bye Bye TT