Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Brake work..anyone wanna help?

Old 06-09-2012, 06:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Brake work..anyone wanna help?

I'm going to be ordering new pads, fluid and stainless lines, and I really would like to learn to change them myself. I was wondering if any of you savvy Columbus owners would be interested in helping me do the work?! Ill bring the jack, stands, beer and any money And/or food you would like as additional payment..lol. Let me know!

Thanks,

-John-
Old 06-09-2012, 07:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be up for helping out! Just figure out a day/time
Old 06-09-2012, 07:26 AM

Awesome! Still Havnt ordered the parts.. Waiting on a quote from gt motoring for the fluid and lines. Will order oem pads and I'll be ready to go! Sunday's are usually good for me., what about you?
Old 06-11-2012, 07:55 AM

I'd be willing to help (depending on time/date).

When I redid my brakes last winter, I just ordered the package from GT motoring that included the SS lines, Hawk pads, and fluid. I think it was around $250 for the bunch.

Let me know when you're trying to get them done and I'll check to see what I have going on.

~Mike
Old 06-11-2012, 09:34 AM

I did a brake package from GT motoring also... but I ordered centric blank rotors too.

Pretty easy project, but it does require two people to force bleed the brake system.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:09 PM

^Any of y'all know how to roll fenders? I might drive up and lend a hand if so.

-Matt
Old 06-12-2012, 07:29 AM

Thanks guys! I ended up ordering lines and ate fluid from gt motoring, and I ordered some oem pads. Should have them this weekend..unfortunately I have kind of a weird schedule, my days off are usually Sunday and wednesday, and this Sunday is no good.. If for some reason u Guys can do it Wednesday I'd be down. If not would that next Sunday work for u all?
Old 06-12-2012, 07:59 AM

I cant say that I am experienced with doing brake work on the S2k, but I know I will be doing this in the future so I may stop by to just check it out and help if needed depending on the day/time.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by jpembry
Thanks guys! I ended up ordering lines and ate fluid from gt motoring, and I ordered some oem pads. Should have them this weekend..unfortunately I have kind of a weird schedule, my days off are usually Sunday and wednesday, and this Sunday is no good.. If for some reason u Guys can do it Wednesday I'd be down. If not would that next Sunday work for u all?

Did you just order the stuff from GT Motoring? or did you just get the parts in the mail?
The reason I'm asking is that I've had an order in for SS lines with them and it's taken about a month & a half so far. Granted they were for a different application, not their normal AP1, AP2 lines (getting lines to put on my EP3 hatch)

If you just ordered them, they you might not get them by next Sunday. So keep us in the loop, and let us know when you get them. Then we can decide on a day. I should be available for some time next Sunday (6/24).

Also, I'm in Hilliard. Just FYI. don't know where everyone would be coming from.

I should have everything necessary to do brakes. I would just suggest maybe bringing and extra set of jackstands (in case anyone else wants to do something at the same time.) I'll get some ice that we can put in a cooler, if anyone wants to bring/enjoy a few beverages.

~ Mike
Old 06-15-2012, 02:55 PM

Awesome yea I actually received my lines in two days lol.. They were the wrong ones though..I'll have the new ones Tuesday at the latest. I ordered the pads on monday so I'm assuming they'll be here any day now. Next Sunday would definitely work. I'll bring my racing jack and jack stands with me...and anything else you think I should bring. I have a 1/2 in and 3/8 in socket wrench if we need any extras

Quick Reply: Brake work..anyone wanna help?