Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Bluegrass Motorsports Track Day: Friday, Oct 23rd

Old 10-02-2009, 06:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 10-02-2009, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S2K_Cincy,Oct 2 2009, 09:52 AM
I'll leak a little bit of info for you, more details to follow

1. We are guaranteed a date next year at the same rate, everyone else's rates are going up.

2. We will probably have a low-speed line learning and driver awareness meeting on our 10/24 date. It will be 100% free of charge.
this is good.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:53 AM

excellent!
Old 10-04-2009, 01:02 PM

sucks to hear its cancelled, but as you said, it was expected, so that softens the blow a little.

the slow speed instructional session sounds like a good idea, there are still several people from this group that havent made it to the track yet so this is good.

hope to see everyone at the event next season
Old 10-09-2009, 02:47 PM

Check THIS out!

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=736860
Old 10-09-2009, 03:06 PM

Received 263 Likes on 88 Posts

Hmmmmm, maybe i'll borrow Ray's car for the weekend
Old 10-14-2009, 02:01 PM

I received this letter from Brad earlier this week. He asked me to share it with everyone affected by the delays in the track's completion.

Dear S2000 Enthusiasts,

I owe all of you a sincere apology for any inconvenience caused from the delay in opening and resulting cancelled member track days at Bluegrass Motorsports Park during the 2009 season. Your travel plans, deposits, and other factors have caused most, if not all of you to be inconvenienced. We now have all made sacrifices together to build Bluegrass and I thank you for this. It’s a collective effort and many have helped in different capacities, be it building our tire bundles or bringing friends and acquaintances to tour the facility. Whatever capacity, it’s this kind of support that makes assists substantial in the success of our project.

I first want to say that Shannon has conveyed to the S2000 enthusiasts exactly what has been conveyed to Bluegrass; by counsel, banks, the Corp of Engineers, owners group, etc. We have seen every possible barrier to developing a Motorsports Park and while it’s obviously been slow on the construction side this year, everything still continues to move forward. We suffered a painful but short delay and the reason for this, since we received our permit in June, is that we had to do some necessary housekeeping and finalize our operating agreement among the owners group. While unplanned, this is not uncommon for a capital intensive start-up. As an entrepreneur I must see the positives of a situation; but I must also be a realist because we still have a lot of work ahead of us to become an operational and safe road course.

To give everyone an update so you know we’re still alive: We have everything we need and we even received an additional loan from the SBA, so resolving this and cleaning up our operating agreement is what most delayed this project since we received our updated permit; some of the details of this are rather private as you might imagine. The $15M question is “when will you be open?”. When we know this, you will be one of the first to know. Imagine if I kept giving an update saying “two weeks!”. Then came back a week later and said two more weeks!”. Then I came back again and said.... You get the picture. We'll pass along info on construction progress as it occurs.

Now that we’re coming up on the week of October 12, it is obvious we have lost any possibility to host a high performance event in 2009. This means we will not put anyone else through the pain of having to cancel the event, again. As a result, I would like to offer you a day at Bluegrass to use our facility and learn the track at no charge. This event can consist of touring sessions, classroom training, and completing a small survey that will help us build a better track. The odds were against us last year to start paving, and yet we hit our goal to get the base coat down.

As crazy as it may sound, the delay has created a better track. That’s right; we really do have a better track as a result of this delay. Letting the base coat sit and cure has allowed us time to find any areas of concern. This means before we pave the “liquid” (polymer surface) we will have a few small areas of the base coat fixed to avoid any problems down the road. These are good things! Sure, it hurts now but I bet when we’re hitting triple digit speeds on the 3200’ front straight, around a compound banked turn and then onto my signature turn called “The Holler”, I assure you the start-up pains will be forgotten and well worth it because Bluegrass Motorsports Park is no longer just a paper track.

Once again, we appreciate your continued support and we look forward to seeing you on the track.

Sincerely,

Brad Poppell, President/CEO
Old 10-15-2009, 08:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depending on how this gets rescheduled, I believe I am going to be in on this... if spots are available.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make the thing coming up soon, but want to do the event next year.

-Dave
Old 10-21-2009, 06:14 PM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

As I always do, I'm meeting my friends and the Subie crew at the Rave in West Chester, going to the Shell Station in KY (point A), then to the track. Join us at any point, or sit on the side of the road and listen for the boxer rumble.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:35 AM

Wrong thread

It's probably time to close this one out.

Quick Reply: Bluegrass Motorsports Track Day: Friday, Oct 23rd