Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Beautiful day for driving until...

Old 06-17-2008, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beautiful day for driving until...

I was on my way home enjoying the weather getting off of 71N at Polaris when I get pulled over by a cop for having no front plate. I watch as 20 other cars go by without a front plate but I'm the one who gets the ticket because I'm young and driving a sportscar. I have never been pulled over in my life and I have a perfect driving record but of course he doesn't let me off with a warning. I can't believe it costs $100 for this stupid ticket. I just love how he was more concerned with pulling someone over who wasn't even speeding than keeping real criminals off the streets. I wish the cops were at least be concerned with people driving recklessly and putting others in danger, not someone going 2mph stuck in traffic.

So I'm writing this to vent and warn everyone around the Polaris area about not running a front plate.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bballplaya210,Jun 17 2008, 04:18 PM
I was on my way home enjoying the weather getting off of 71N at Polaris when I get pulled over by a cop for having no front plate. I watch as 20 other cars go by without a front plate but I'm the one who gets the ticket because I'm young and driving a sportscar. I have never been pulled over in my life and I have a perfect driving record but of course he doesn't let me off with a warning. I can't believe it costs $100 for this stupid ticket. I just love how he was more concerned with pulling someone over who wasn't even speeding than keeping real criminals off the streets. I wish the cops were at least be concerned with people driving recklessly and putting others in danger, not someone going 2mph stuck in traffic.

So I'm writing this to vent and warn everyone around the Polaris area about not running a front plate.
Sounds like the same prick that pulled me and my wife over in our last S2000.

It was 71 and Polaris (driving south). Pulled me over for speeding (and no front plate) eventhough other vehicles around me were going faster. I even asked the officer (politely) are you sure it wasn't the minivan or pickup passing me that he caught on laser and pulled me over by mistake. He said in a voice with attitude "no, they weren't driving sports cars" and gave me two tickets.

I fought both tickets in court, got the front plate ticket dropped and the speed fine reduced to $25 plus court costs. I think the total amount came to $85 compared to $200+. However, after 3-4 hours waiting to be heard by the judge, I would have rather paid the tickets and been done with it.

Good luck if you end up trying to fight it.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:39 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I wonder if this is a State Patrol or Columbus cop ?

Polaris and Worthington are notorious for giving tickets for no front plate
Old 06-17-2008, 08:11 PM

I'm probably just going to avoid the headaches of fighting it and pay the $100. It just seems ridiculous that something completely harmless should warrant a $100 fine. I honestly wouldn't have been that angry if he had pulled me over for speeding or reckless driving and then tacked on a violation for no front plate also, but he went out of his way simply to give me a ticket for not having a front plate.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:47 PM

after my 3rd no front plate ticket I put mine back on .....just not worth it
Old 06-18-2008, 06:46 AM

For those at the Jay show, don't know if you noticed that M3's nose. It had white vinyl letters and numbers on it, same as the back license plate. Don't know if this would fly with the popo but it sure looked better than a front plate.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:12 AM

Sorry to hear that. $100.00 Really? That seems excessive. As above was it Columbus Police or the State Patrol?
Old 06-18-2008, 02:07 PM

Polaris area is perfect for Columbus's Revenue Department: many of the people driving there live outside the city, so they can raise money without pissing off too many voters.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by vtec ftw,Jun 18 2008, 11:12 AM
Sorry to hear that. $100.00 Really? That seems excessive. As above was it Columbus Police or the State Patrol?
I'm not sure. The only thing I see on the ticket that may show this says "Columbus, Ohio - Division of Police" so if I had to guess I would say Columbus Police. The cop car was white if that helps.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:13 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 148 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by 8_ball,Jun 18 2008, 10:46 AM
For those at the Jay show, don't know if you noticed that M3's nose. It had white vinyl letters and numbers on it, same as the back license plate. Don't know if this would fly with the popo but it sure looked better than a front plate.
This one? I'd like to say it's not going to fly if a cop really wants to be an ahole about it...

I've heard that Worthington area is notorious for giving out no front plate tickets

Quick Reply: Beautiful day for driving until...